ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

banshee clutch creeping

11K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jtraptor660 
#1 ·
what other clutch adjustment options do i have if my clutch is creeping. when i pull the handle all the way in it doesnt feel like it pulling all the way. i sit at the line and it creeps forward when i give it throttle. up top on the handle i moved the adjustment out as far as i could without it falling out. i know i shouldnt have to do it that way. anybody with some helpful info?

#2 ·
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Apr 21 2009, 10:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39249what other clutch adjustment options do i have if my clutch is creeping. when i pull the handle all the way in it doesnt feel like it pulling all the way. i sit at the line and it creeps forward when i give it throttle. up top on the handle i moved the adjustment out as far as i could without it falling out. i know i shouldnt have to do it that way. anybody with some helpful info?
There is an adjustment inside the side cover on the clutch itself. I puts for pressure on the arm to give you the right amount of clutch. I am working on one now that was doing this. Tryed all the adjusting I could, and still did it. The bushings in the clutch basket are shot and alowing the clutch to move to much. So a new clutch basket assembly it is..

#6 ·
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Apr 21 2009, 02:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39264It has a lockup on it if it matters.

Banshees creep forward when you have the clutch in and gassing it. I know my bikes have good parts on them and are adjusted. Seems to be the nature of the bike. Maybe just once modded.

#7 ·
i havent tried to adjust the center of the clutch yet. a buddy said to pull off the quickchange cover and loosen the center nut then run your perch nut in up top to give it play. then he said to run the screw in on the center of my clutch pack to adjust it.

#9 ·
havent rode it yet but i was able to get all the play out of the cable by loosening the nut in the center of the clutch and running the screw in just a bit. thank god for a quick change cover. lol thanks for the advice guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.