Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    is Want to finish my bike

what other clutch adjustment options do i have if my clutch is creeping. when i pull the handle all the way in it doesnt feel like it pulling all the way. i sit at the line and it creeps forward when i give it throttle. up top on the handle i moved the adjustment out as far as i could without it falling out. i know i shouldnt have to do it that way. anybody with some helpful info?
    (in the works) D&M 10mm Cub w/ drag chassis

2009 Raptor 700

2008 KFX 450R

is looking for an LT500 quadzilla
    frame

QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Apr 21 2009, 10:45 AM) what other clutch adjustment options do i have if my clutch is creeping. when i pull the handle all the way in it doesnt feel like it pulling all the way. i sit at the line and it creeps forward when i give it throttle. up top on the handle i moved the adjustment out as far as i could without it falling out. i know i shouldnt have to do it that way. anybody with some helpful info?
    There is an adjustment inside the side cover on the clutch itself. I puts for pressure on the arm to give you the right amount of clutch. I am working on one now that was doing this. Tryed all the adjusting I could, and still did it. The bushings in the clutch basket are shot and alowing the clutch to move to much. So a new clutch basket assembly it is..

This user has no status.

It's kinda the nature of the beast. I have adjusted my clutch where the arm on the top case is pointing a little to the stator side of the arrow on the cases so it doesn't creep, and seems to grab fine.

This user has no status.

I've found that the best way to adjust the clutch is adjust the screw in until it touches.. then back it off 1/16 a turn. With so many different clutche kits out there.. and none of them are the same thickness.. lining up the arrows on the cases dont really work to well.

It has a lockup on it if it matters.

2009 Raptor 700

2008 KFX 450R

This user has no status.

QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Apr 21 2009, 02:06 PM) It has a lockup on it if it matters.

Banshees creep forward when you have the clutch in and gassing it. I know my bikes have good parts on them and are adjusted. Seems to be the nature of the bike. Maybe just once modded.
    slow 421 dragger, duner banshee, 310R duner

Wife's 370R Fastest true gas Pro-X Honda 4.29 in sand 4.17 in dirt 300ft on a dune chassis.

2-cycle generator and an old school Lawnboy to mow the yard!

It aint no joke if it blows blue smoke

i havent tried to adjust the center of the clutch yet. a buddy said to pull off the quickchange cover and loosen the center nut then run your perch nut in up top to give it play. then he said to run the screw in on the center of my clutch pack to adjust it.

2009 Raptor 700

2008 KFX 450R

is still alittle drunk

just a suggestion here. if it creeps when the clutch is pulled in, the basket fingers may be grooved and not letting the plates fully disengage from each other. its a pretty common problem on old baskets, even new baskets will groove if they get alot of abuse.

havent rode it yet but i was able to get all the play out of the cable by loosening the nut in the center of the clutch and running the screw in just a bit. thank god for a quick change cover. lol thanks for the advice guys.

2009 Raptor 700

2008 KFX 450R

The Man the legend
    is Yes. Coming out of the closet
    is up to you...however.

You do want a little slack in that cable....
    When it heats up, it will take up that slack and not engage fully if there is none.

FYI....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors