Register
    This user has no status.

Having some issues with the bike and thought it might be the coil. Took it off to test the ohms of it. For the primary test it is suppose to be .28-.38 according to book. Well I tested 2 that we had and got somewhere around 1 ohm on both. Tried testing the secondary and got nothing for either, wouldn't even budge the meter. Anyone got advice on testing these bad boys?

is hopin to come home tomorrow!

QUOTE (okbeast @ Jun 28 2009, 10:32 PM) Having some issues with the bike and thought it might be the coil. Took it off to test the ohms of it. For the primary test it is suppose to be .28-.38 according to book. Well I tested 2 that we had and got somewhere around 1 ohm on both. Tried testing the secondary and got nothing for either, wouldn't even budge the meter. Anyone got advice on testing these bad boys?

From working at a dealer for 6 years and having banshees even longer, my experience with a YAMAHA coil is you can't trust the ohm test. I've seen them test good and be junk. What is the bike doing that makes you think it could be the coil?

This user has no status.

QUOTE (Sand Assassins @ Jun 29 2009, 09:25 AM) From working at a dealer for 6 years and having banshees even longer, my experience with a YAMAHA coil is you can't trust the ohm test. I've seen them test good and be junk. What is the bike doing that makes you think it could be the coil?

Had one side foul the plug up. Pulled it out and it was oily/black. Tested spark in that side and got spark, but got no spark in the side that seemed to be firing fine. Figured I'd test the coil seeing as it is an easy test.

New B's
    This user has no status.

This posts is*very*informative.*Thank you!
    Last edited by otkritoobya; 07-08-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Sponsors