Kubitza Big Motor Clutch Help - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    is congrats Tim now you'll have a
    helper in 15-20yrs

Ok guys we decided i'm getting a 6 finger lockup and a complete hinson 8 plate with stock banshee steels and fzr1000 fibers or frz i cant remember at this moment but i wrtoe it down somewhere.

Can i get a multi stage like you use Brian? If so would that be better and where and how much?

helper in 15-20yrs

Hmmm what to do now. Why wouldn't it work? Thw pressure plate the prob, inner hub, or basket itself? So what are you thinking i need a full hinson 7 plate? I don't see why the lockup wouldn't fit?

This user has no status.

maybe a dumb question but what is the difference in gixxer stock springs and banshee stock springs...........

4. Remove Advertisements
    ATVDragRacers.com
    Advertisements

helper in 15-20yrs

yep way longer Jay i'll buy a stock set Brian. Do i still need any different steels or springs since were using the 10plate or?

Pin it to win it
    is need a yfz subframe and rear
    grab bar!!

i followed a thread on PS about cluthc lockups. CP has that multi stage lockup is it available yet?

after doing a google search there is another company that makes a multi stage lockup also i dont rember who it was.

i also have read articles where larger displacemnet motorcycles use a 2 stage clutch/ trans combo. why not look into something like that.. they are dealing with the same issues the atv guys are but they figured them out about 30 years ago..
    unless i'm writing a BOOK and YOUR paying me i dont have to tell you nothin

helper in 15-20yrs

So you want me to buy 2 sets of gixxer stock springs? if so thats no problem.

helper in 15-20yrs

Got my oem gixxer springs ordered and my mps switched adj clutch lever on the way. Still need to get my Dyna FS box and new tires for my launch limiter etc. Were trying running the bike 3 passes 1st when its ready just as it was with new tires so see what that helped improve. After that we will start in on the clutch and see what we can do there with the new launch limiter,clutch springs, etc changing weight on the lockup, shimming springs if needed,cutting springs if needed etc. Spring tension measuring tool is also something you need when cutting and shimming springs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors