Kubitza Big Motor Clutch Help
Register
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BLK
    This user has no status.

is What's on your mind?

Brian u know I'll b reading your and Marks Thread.
    Racing Sand or Asphalt...its all good to me....

is congrats Tim now you'll have a
    helper in 15-20yrs

clutch steels are out of a gixxer 1k i believe and all i can tell you about the springs they are as well heavist ones k&t makes for a mattoon setup atleast 90lb

4. Remove Advertisements
    ATVDragRacers.com
    Advertisements

helper in 15-20yrs

k i'll look into it

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 1700camaro View Post
    My understanding is it uses the street bike steels & springs. Plus, the 5 springs & 5 lock up arms are going to throw a wrench in the tuning. Not saying it can't be done, but it's going to throw a different curve in the tune-up.

It's probably up in the air anyway if the motor is up for sale anyway.
    is it better to run a even number of springs than an odd number

This user has no status.

It's just the total amount of spring pressure that is applied to the pressure plate when you release the clutch. I personally like to try and space the pressure as evenly as I can, but a 250R has only 5 springs as well so rarely will I have an even number.

I would like to design an 8 fingered clutch lockup plate, with 4 fingers one length and 4 fingers a different length. Dont know if it could all be fit under a traditional lockup cover, but The more adjustment areas you have the better.

Mark, you need to decide if your really going to sell that thing or not.
    slow 421 dragger, duner banshee, 310R duner

Wife's 370R Fastest true gas Pro-X Honda 4.29 in sand 4.17 in dirt 300ft on a dune chassis.

2-cycle generator and an old school Lawnboy to mow the yard!

It aint no joke if it blows blue smoke

This user has no status.

since u giving away info how in the hell do u tighten a lockup down on the pressure plate without all of the fingers locking up when u cinch them down.....this is driving me mad....it has a lot of weight on it but that shouldnt matter....im bout to pick the whole bike up and turn it over if i have to do this for 2 hours tomorrow....

This user has no status.

so i taketh u dont use a standard lock any more? Im guessing u running a multistage

helper in 15-20yrs

Ok gave up trying to sell the motor etc. So Brian if it will make things better and easier which clutch do i need to buy comlete hinson 8 plate with standard lockup? Or what will work best for me and you knowlegde to help me tune it ? When i put this engine together i want what i need in it so i'm willing to sell or trade the 10plate off and buy what you think i need,will work the best, and you can help me with. Just let me know. Thats all i'm needing and my new tires. Thanks Mark

Jay why so much trouble with installing the lockup thats easy like Brian said just wiggle the arms as you tighten the bolts evenly.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kubitza123 View Post
    Ok gave up trying to sell the motor etc. So Brian if it will make things better and easier which clutch do i need to buy comlete hinson 8 plate with standard lockup? Or what will work best for me and you knowlegde to help me tune it ? When i put this engine together i want what i need in it so i'm willing to sell or trade the 10plate off and buy what you think i need,will work the best, and you can help me with. Just let me know. Thats all i'm needing and my new tires. Thanks Mark

Jay why so much trouble with installing the lockup thats easy like Brian said just wiggle the arms as you tighten the bolts evenly.
    i found out what the problem was the pressure plate was not seating on the inner hub like it suppose to....im a beginner with this [censored]

slowly learning here and there...but i finally lined it up with the marks on the pressure plate and inner hub....after that i walked away from

it feeling dumb lol....i will put it on tonight after it cools off a lil bit...hopefully that was the problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors