ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
What's with using the old vforce 2's? I've seen the 3's pick up a pony on the dyno fora 4mill. Could someone post the vid on youtube, the ole blackberry doesn't support that file :/

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What's with using the old vforce 2's? I've seen the 3's pick up a pony on the dyno fora 4mill. Could someone post the vid on youtube, the ole blackberry doesn't support that file :/
I've never seen 3's work better then 2's in any configuration

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Ok. Pipester, I know Jeff at FAST touts the Vforce 2 s with the correct matching intake making 2 more HP on the average drag build. He doesnt have a dyno so I always figured it was hype. Whats your opinion or experience on it? Hype or not?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice video, 75mph on a 300lb 350 is flying! What do you figure it would run in a 215lb weight package? So what gains have you seen in the dyno on this engine (v3 vs v2)?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok. Pipester, I know Jeff at FAST touts the Vforce 2 s with the correct matching intake making 2 more HP on the average drag build. He doesnt have a dyno so I always figured it was hype. Whats your opinion or experience on it? Hype or not?
I'll see anywhere from 3-5 hp from v2's on all of my engines.

fastkid said:
Nice video, 75mph on a 300lb 350 is flying! What do you figure it would run in a 215lb weight package? So what gains have you seen in the dyno on this engine (v3 vs v2)?

215 lb bike is very light for a hill bike. Should go 80mph I'd imagine

·
Registered
50 Posts
have you ever done any testing on the chariot cages that claim more horsepower then any other reed set in a 0-400cc application? Thats a large gain from just the reeds, i didnt realize the 3's were slacking that much. the bike i spoke of was a 4mm cub built by redline that benfited from the vf3's by 1 hp (cpi inframes, lectrons, no porting). when will you have the cub build (392) done? i wanna see a side by side race of the two 350's.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
have you ever done any testing on the chariot cages that claim more horsepower then any other reed set in a 0-400cc application? Thats a large gain from just the reeds, i didnt realize the 3's were slacking that much. the bike i spoke of was a 4mm cub built by redline that benfited from the vf3's by 1 hp (cpi inframes, lectrons, no porting). when will you have the cub build (392) done? i wanna see a side by side race of the two 350's.
it won't be a race the cub will smoke the 350cc

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Nope the engine is set up for inframes. The port timming and dome would have to be changed

Trust me when I say Im not leaving much on the table with this set up

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
cool when ur done go ahead pull the topend, box that bad boy up and send it here....ill give it the Okie test...lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you will have a new thread with a graph for us tomorrow night right? =) maybe have this motor and the cub motor over lapping to see the difference on a graph, never seen one for the baby motors. Have you tested the chariot cages? they guarantee a performance gain over any other cage setup for 54-58mm crank motors,if you dont see a gain they said they will buy back. Worth a shot right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you will have a new thread with a graph for us tomorrow night right? =) maybe have this motor and the cub motor over lapping to see the difference on a graph, never seen one for the baby motors. Have you tested the chariot cages? they guarantee a performance gain over any other cage setup for 54-58mm crank motors,if you dont see a gain they said they will buy back. Worth a shot right?

or try a zrt800 cage. reed cage volume does effect overall power.

·
Registered
81 Posts

youll be getting your money back if thats true.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts