ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

10 mil cubs in the 1/4

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  BLK 
#1 ·
Anyone running 10 mil cubs in the 1/4 on asphalt? Gas?

How are your times?

Trap speeds?

60 foot?

#7 ·
I used to run mile in a 1/4. When I got it right it was pretty fast, Dealing with a fuel pump was kinda a pain (until I figured out the location of the pulse is critical). I also sheared off the keyways on a JJ and A Axle. It was pretty impressive. 1/4 mile is a long way, seems to take forever to get to the end of the track, Motor always sounded like it was going to POP!
good times, If you have never raced an asphalt track you really should try it.

#10 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Dec 3 2008, 06:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18282Zig...where did you tap yours for pulse?
Mine is currently in the reed/intake area. I run 300ft with billet bowls...so, no fuel worries.
I've heard tap into the transfers, I've heard tap into the cases behind and under the cylinders (direct to the crank case)...what say you?

I first tapped into the cases, didn't work so good.. I have no idea why, then I put it on the intake next to the reeds. Just drilled a hole in about the center of the side intake flanges. Worked perfectly. Make sure that you pulse tube is kinda hard plastic. it will not colapse when it gets hot. Also keep that pulse tube short. I was never able to make the oversized bowls last more than about the 1/8 mile point. Burned down a couple times trying.

#13 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Dec 3 2008, 06:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18286Interesting....
That's where mine is tapped, and I use a clear but thick fuel line for the pulse. It is just long enough to go from the pump to the intake barb... Good to know.

Did you use the high output 65L per hour pumps (Mikuni Octagon)

Yup. you can get them thru any snowmobile parts supplier.. great little pumps even with alcohol.

#15 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Dec 3 2008, 06:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18289Interesting.... Yeah, I have 3 of them. two on the shelf and 2 rebuild kits...courtesy of Tedder.

I can't say mine has failed me in 2 years of use, but for an 8 dollar rebuild kit, I'm going to redo it anywho...

I didn't realize you knew what snow or snowmobiles were being a SoCal surfer dude....

I was raised in Wisconsin, Used to Ice race my 87 banshee in the early 90's. Bought it new, then set it to PSI for some work, Won allot of races on that thing. Then started running it with a 500 suzuki air cooled motor in radar runs, It was about the time the polaris Indy's were introduced.. It was funny to watch the guys reaction when they pulled a brand new sled off the trailer ran 99 miles per hour and i would run 103 on my quad.. LOL Used to pisss them off.. Also the promoters never wanted to give me the overall trophy.. They thought a sled should get it.

Ya I have been in the game for a few years...

#19 ·
QUOTE (KEVSWS6 @ Dec 3 2008, 05:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18276My guess was high 10's. You ever run a Shee in the 1/4?

dajoger was correct about assuming a good 10mm cub would run mid-low tens on race gas. We run a 7mm cub and have been low tens in the 1/4 mile on race gas. Our best time was set in Fontana, CA. and we normally run in Las Vegas, NV. We have also ran 1/8 mile in Barona & Irwindale, CA. Fuel pumps are not required for the 1/4 mile with gas or alky, 3 quads are currently doing it without a problem. KEVSWS6 if you have any questions PM me. Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.