ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be on a 10 mil Cheetah, +12 swinger. Does it sound like enough paddle? Too much/ little?
Also have you guys had better luck running a 25' tire over the 22's?
Thanks, Marcus

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
From what i have read and seen the cub motors dont take to well to the 25" tires, not saying they wont work but alot of people like the smaller RO for the cubs.

With your setup i think you will be fine with the 12 arm and 71ro 14 extremes.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (mawcus @ Feb 11 2009, 11:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30079This will be on a 10 mil Cheetah, +12 swinger. Does it sound like enough paddle? Too much/ little?
Also have you guys had better luck running a 25' tire over the 22's?
Thanks, Marcus

Kind of depends on how you are running it. Flat drags with a wheelie bar, or open sand dunes.

Bobby said this was a cub, but I didn't see you mention anything about it other then it being a Cheetah.

I personally don't like short tires with a lot of paddle. It doesn't give the tire enough travel before each cup, so the bike essentially cavitates in the sand. I would go with a taller tire personally.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a 10 mill cheetah. 521cc w/ the powervalves.

To me if anything can turn over the big tires, a big pv motor could, BUT..............I don't have any hands on experience, so it is just a guess. And I don't want to take a $500 guess.

So let's say I go with a 25 inch tire, how many paddles should I go for?

I forget the gearing, but it is set up to run 100mph in 6th. Which I won't have for long (6th-getting an override).

And I'd be running w/ no wheelie bar.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
up here in mi alot of people are running the 22-11-8 14 paddle extreams with a 14 over arm on there 10 cubs.... just an fyi......

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i ran 79 roll 14 hauler on my old 535 it worked very well 15/ 39 gearing 1-5 overrride most time never got into 5th. or would just shift 5th and be done.. i FEEL that the 73/74 roll out 14 paddle extreme's hit harder out of the hole but may not have had the mph of the other tires the bike ( to me) has never Mph'd very hard anyways.. average'n 80-82 mph on dunes 300- 350 ft or so. with the 73's i dont know if that good or not? also i weigh 260 lbs and that could have been slowing it down also.??? 71's are a really short tire.. swing arm length should work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.