ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much of a difference performance wise between the two? I run asphalt and am interested in building a DM. I originally wanted an 18, but I was told that there was not much difference and I'd save a lot of money by going with the 14.

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE (Street King @ Aug 5 2009, 12:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=52271Is there much of a difference performance wise between the two? I run asphalt and am interested in building a DM. I originally wanted an 18, but I was told that there was not much difference and I'd save a lot of money by going with the 14.

Wont save alot of money.. only difference would be the price of the crank wich would be minimal..

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Have a top builder build it like Nate Mccoy, K&T, A&S and they'll make a 14 run like an 18. I think Nate had a used 16mm he swapped out for somebody who went bigger. I think his 14 made 138hp at sandtrax's dyno a while back but I think his 16s and 18s are in the 150 to 160 range.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Aug 6 2009, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=52414That was a few years ago and he's getting more out of them now.I think sandplayaz 10 mil dm is in the 130s.

There's a 10DM on Planet Sand for sale that was supposedly dyno'd at 142hp and was a multi fastest on the planet winner. Decisions decisions decisions! Anyone know anything about it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.