ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the revised 2009 Stellar Hillshooter Chassis. This one is +10 up front, a +12 is going on the jig next. I redesigned the front end making it more stream line. I also incorporated the lower rear section of the frame to match my Rigid Chassis. Im am very pleased with the new Design. Went to a bolt on subframe for the guys who wish to get them chromed. I still need to get it on the scale to get the final weigh in, but as it sits complete with swingarm and shocks, it feels pretty light. Enjoy the pics!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
looks good,,my only concern would be the way the front shaws are mounted on the bottom..normally they are part of the spindel held in with a sleeve which absorbs the shock.With it done as in the pic I would watch and make sure that heim is thick enough to take the impact of whoops and not snap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Mar 22 2009, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=35412looks good,,my only concern would be the way the front shaws are mounted on the bottom..normally they are part of the spindel held in with a sleeve which absorbs the shock.With it done as in the pic I would watch and make sure that heim is thick enough to take the impact of whoops and not snap.
thats the single a arm with the sleeve the double a arm lonestars have the same style setup as this ive had no problems looks great

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats exactly right. My previous hillshooter chassis's were the same way and we have not had any problem with them at all. And let me just say that the whoops at olds get pretty nasty when we dont have anyone there to grade the hill.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
i bet. i wish i had the extra $$$ ... id have u build me a chassis.
maybe i ll build another dune banshee sometime. we'll see how the 4 strokes do for awhile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.