ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the diameter of the outer o-ring (one that goes on the shell) is for the Pro-Design Cool Head for the TRX250R?

I need to get some new o-rings (ruined mine....) and can't use my old one to measure...

Is Viton the only choice for material? Anyone making one that is a high temperature version similar to the o-ring that goes on the dome?

I can get these locally (will have to order) if I go with Viton, but need the diameter, etc.

Thanks.

Rog

·
Registered
288 Posts
viton is the only way to go for seals and o-rings. theres many different varieties of viton, so you might want to find the best one for your application. some types handle heat and coolant better than others.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I found a source locally for the 250R Cool Head o-rings. Got them from Crown Products in Tulsa, OK

Crown Products
912 W Skelly Dr
Tulsa, OK 74107-9411
(918) 446-4591
http://www.crownproductsinc.com/

Very reasonable in price and some they stock and some they might have to order. They carry Viton and some other material that will work.

I don't have the size here with me currently but can update this thread later with the product numbers that work.

Regards,

Rog

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I thought I'd finish this post off with the following information in case somebody might need it in the future:

O-ring for the shell: 045-75 Viton
O-ring for the shell: 045-70 Buna (this one is the black colored one; the Viton version above will take heat better)

O-ring for the dome: 039-75 Viton

Regards,

Rog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.