ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's their story these days? Blasterman88 gave me some details a few months back, but what sort of improvements over the CR box are you seeing? Who's doing R&D on them for dune motors?

·
Registered
220 Posts
We have been running them for a while now. AWESEOM BOX! all are on mt drag motors of course, butthe gains are huge. One of the nicest things is you can retard them enough to start these big motors...The curves building is endless with it. you can even set it up for clutchless shifting...havent done this yet but maybe in te future?? Call up Nate McCoy...we have been using them on all the pumas and sabers, and have one on my pro cross

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16297We have been running them for a while now. AWESEOM BOX! all are on mt drag motors of course, butthe gains are huge. One of the nicest things is you can retard them enough to start these big motors...The curves building is endless with it. you can even set it up for clutchless shifting...havent done this yet but maybe in te future?? Call up Nate McCoy...we have been using them on all the pumas and sabers, and have one on my pro cross

Last I knew they were about 1-2 hp and tq on the top and a better curve...true? Is this still the same or are you making better? And they're still about $400 for a setup?

·
Registered
220 Posts
They come pre programed with 4 curves, all a lot better then the std cr curve. We built s new curves with mine. We gained 4hp with a much better curve, and was able to keep the motor cool with it with thw timing advance. I think when we put it on we got 2 hp right away. My motor just needed more timing. It is a very nice piece, not cheezedick piece like a dyna! And yes thwy are still in the 400 range

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Nov 17 2008, 01:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16437They come pre programed with 4 curves, all a lot better then the std cr curve. We built s new curves with mine. We gained 4hp with a much better curve, and was able to keep the motor cool with it with thw timing advance. I think when we put it on we got 2 hp right away. My motor just needed more timing. It is a very nice piece, not cheezedick piece like a dyna! And yes thwy are still in the 400 range

Nice!! It is on my to buy list

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (jadleybray @ Nov 18 2008, 11:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16678Thanks man, hope to see you down there!!! I need to get a cr first, then the box, but damn that's gonna run nearly a G...but that otta put in the low mid 70's
It's looking like I may be going down this weekend instead of the following as it'll be Civil War. Do you check forums like exriders .com and trx250r .net for used ones? I see some on there now and then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.