Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u use in ur four strokes ??

ive alwaysed used kawi oil in my kfx... lookin for something else to try

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Valvoline syn.. but, I don't have a clutch to worry about in mine.... I used to use mobil one..and for some reason it always seemed to burn it up a lil bit..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've used Yamalube with Lucas oil treatment additive and Mobil-1 red cap without any oil related failures or wet clutch problems but last season, I switched to Rotella T synthetic and will never use anything else. I run alky/nitro and it's very hard on oil, Rotella T synthetic holds up surprisingly well, it still feels slippery even when diluted way down with alky/nitro.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (650rotax @ Jan 29 2009, 05:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28269Always ran Bel-Ray Thumper, but thinking about the switch to Klotz because of recommendations, anybody know anything about Klotz?

Klotz is great but Im using Royal Purple for MX and ATV and like it but feels strange to see purple for oil. I would say its no better then Klotz...jmo

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Amsoil 0W-40

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
sorry, dee, dee, dee

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
QUOTE (SUBZERO @ Feb 1 2009, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28764How long have you been running 0W? It seems like they rewrote all the rules over night and are recommending 0W-__ for everything now.

For about a year now and no problems whats so ever. I use it in all of my 4-stroke atv's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.