ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
the more i see on these new jugs the more i like them. now if calvin will just make the wampus with these port timings. what can i say i like the sleeper look

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey Mat I have a 421 serval that has been ported. I thank the ext ports are 193 but never had it on the dyno to know what the Hp and Tq is and also its on alky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
40mm lectrons vfroce-3 reeds noss head 19cc domes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
40mm lectrons vfroce-3 reeds noss head 19cc domes.
with a 193 ex and 19cc domes the compression is threw the roof. From your sig your running sniper pipes with that ex and pipe combo I would guess 90hp at about 8600 to 8700 rpm peak. Just a guess

·
Registered
22 Posts
My comp is 180 per hole +7 on the plate

·
Registered
22 Posts
Matt sent you a pm

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
hey Mat I have a 421 serval that has been ported. I thank the ext ports are 193 but never had it on the dyno to know what the Hp and Tq is and also its on alky.

why did you port a serval? why not just by a cub cylinder? am i missing something here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
why did you port a serval? why not just by a cub cylinder? am i missing something here?

We ported it to match the pipes I'm running and at the time no one else had done it. Besides it's a fun little motor that i can play with and try new things with and see what the max I can get out of it. It's more or less a test motor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
do you think with these cpi cylinders have such good port layout you don't have to get crazy on port timing now like you do with a set of stock cylinders.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
thats like asking why port a set of stock cylinders except for all out drag( like 421 cub cyl).. the serval makes the builder become a builder again. lots of more extra powa to be found with differnt porting numbers.. instead of a guy who can follow directions and bolt a motor together.. sure they run ok drop on. there is just way more there with a little actual work.

also why lay graphs on top of eachother ? differnt dynos in differnt parts of the country are seeming to read differnt numbers..

servals graphs (which there seem to be a bunch of them floating around now?) are all over the place. just lay them all on top of eachother and see what happens.

matt.. what do you think that lil stocker 350 you did would produce with a pump gas set up like this??

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
matt.. what do you think that lil stocker 350 you did would produce with a pump gas set up like this??

[/quote]

I made 80hp on pump gas with this same engine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
80 on pump gas! Nice!

May I ask you sir, what kind of carb´s were used? Can you give me your jet-settings?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts