ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of tires for single cylinders? Might make a trip down next year, looks like a nice set-up.

it is a very nice track with good classes. only thing i do not like is the no methanol (unless you run top fuel) and you must have all working brakes. all the -100hp bikes do well with a radial or turf tamer. some of thew bigger 100+ bikes will use radials also but depends on setup and gearing. dont be a strnager if you come to a race sometime.

·
Registered
328 Posts
tahts the biggest down fall is the fact of not being able to use meth without being in top fuel. and also brakes. tater what did you do for breaks on the front of your ridged? i was gonna ask if you would be interested in makeing me a set of drag spindles?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tahts the biggest down fall is the fact of not being able to use meth without being in top fuel. and also brakes. tater what did you do for breaks on the front of your ridged? i was gonna ask if you would be interested in makeing me a set of drag spindles?

hey man how you been? havent seen ya in a while..here is the best pic i got of how i have them setup. i can get ya better ones if you need them. i can hook ya up with whatever you need. shoot me a PM to discuss anyting about your setup. i willnot be there for the next race on the 24th. we are heading down to busco beach NC to play in the sand at 300'. i will be there on the last race oct. 2nd. hope to see ya there!

i jsust threw some stock front brake lines on there for now. i was in a hurry getting the front brakes staightened out. i am going wo do them in the nylon brake line like my rears. i just ran out of time and could not get the proper fittings quick enough, so they are ugly for now..lol

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wow looks like allot of dirt bikes...how often do they have a race?is it to hard for paddles like a ripper...looks like something to get into...what kinda bike hit the 130 mph

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow looks like allot of dirt bikes...how often do they have a race?is it to hard for paddles like a ripper...looks like something to get into...what kinda bike hit the 130 mph

the schudule is on the site.. too hard for any type of paddle. banshees run the terrain traks alot and cut 22+" turf tamers. the bike that did 130+ i believe is a big wheel 1000+ cc 4 stroke streetbike based engine shooting nitrous...might be the turbo one..not real sure. alot of fast 2 wheelers to see run here also. some run low to mid 5's i believe.. keep in mind 500+'.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You gonna be going to bbdr and tricounty matt? i cant wait i still gotta get some front brakes and some heel guards. i want to try to make my brakes quick removal so i can take them off for other tracks i hate them no matter what i do the brakes seem to drag atleast a little. looks like you just used some aluminum and attached them to your pegs? i need to make my right removable so i can kick my bike over.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You gonna be going to bbdr and tricounty matt? i cant wait i still gotta get some front brakes and some heel guards. i want to try to make my brakes quick removal so i can take them off for other tracks i hate them no matter what i do the brakes seem to drag atleast a little. looks like you just used some aluminum and attached them to your pegs? i need to make my right removable so i can kick my bike over.

i will be at BBDR for every race man. tri county not so sure about, maybe a couple here and there. for heelgaurds anything will work really, to an extent. my old ones i had bent some .1255 aluminum and drilled holes to bolt them to the peg. this year i set it up different with chromoly wleded on frame to drop weight. my brakes bolt o and off in about 5 minutes or less. if you need pics or anything shoot me a pm. im waiting on a few parts and i can finish assembly of the blaster. the shee will probably be out by late june, i hope anyway, should be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i will be at BBDR for every race man. tri county not so sure about, maybe a couple here and there. for heelgaurds anything will work really, to an extent. my old ones i had bent some .1255 aluminum and drilled holes to bolt them to the peg. this year i set it up different with chromoly wleded on frame to drop weight. my brakes bolt o and off in about 5 minutes or less. if you need pics or anything shoot me a pm. im waiting on a few parts and i can finish assembly of the blaster. the shee will probably be out by late june, i hope anyway, should be.

I quit going bescuse they did not groom the track after the races started and the big tire bikes rutted it up so bad there were a lot of crashes or close calls as you go on in the night from wheelie bars catching ruts.

Did they ever change that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I quit going bescuse they did not groom the track after the races started and the big tire bikes rutted it up so bad there were a lot of crashes or close calls as you go on in the night from wheelie bars catching ruts.

Did they ever change that?

jim, i think it has got better than it used to be. there still are alot of ruts though. they groomed it a few times last year about halfway through the night. its not that they dont care to groom it. its jsut that they have so many racers to try and get finished by midnight every race. i think it would help if they could start earlier, or get the township to let them run until 1am. i can usually find a line in either lane that is not too bad and goes semi straight..haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
it is a very nice track with good classes. only thing i do not like is the no methanol (unless you run top fuel) and you must have all working brakes. all the -100hp bikes do well with a radial or turf tamer. some of thew bigger 100+ bikes will use radials also but depends on setup and gearing. dont be a strnager if you come to a race sometime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts