ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

535 Cheetah Paddle size and 60' Time

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  camatv 
#1 ·
Drag ported 10mm cheetah 535 on alky. Modded stock frame, +6 front with +8 swinger and wheelie bar. Im runnin 16-44 gearin with 72 ro 14 ext stags. Bike will not 60' for nothin. Im talkin 1.61 60', with 4.14 et @ 75 mph. Am I not running enough paddle and rollout or what?????

#2 ·
How much do you weigh? Running a wheelie bar? If you are leaving in 2nd gear easily you might gear up more or may need more tire for that track. Can you lower the back end more? Some tracks also like less air and some like more air pressure. You might get more answers on sandslingers forum, its been kinda dead on here lately.

#4 ·
i run 16-41 gear, BUT LSR chassis. the 535 is worn the hell out. BUT i also run a 1-5 and i weigh 300lbs. at the only track i have been to it would 60 in the 1.5- 1.7 ish range with 14 stagg's i am also running the powervavles. whats really weird is with the 16 paddle 80-82 roll extremes i have it ran the same times.? i have also wonder'd about the 60's but mostly blame that on my weight and the general complete lack of clutch tunning i do. i plan to play with that more after the motor is rebuilt and the track local here runs more consistant schedule. last trip to the track i went to a bar the bike didnt go any faster ( well it was hard to tell everyone else said their times were way slower so?) but with the bar is ran nearly the same time every run. i am a complete track NOOB when it comes to that style racing, but as far as everything i have read, gearing, clutch, weight, and tire has a lot to do with 60's some bikes, riders fight them for every little gain they get. some of the faster ones have been doing track stuff for a years and years. p[ractice and setup changes are the results of that..... might try to talk to some of your competitors. the little help i got with a bar from my friends made big changes in the way it felt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.