ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can u tell what kind of drag port u got on your cylinders i bought them and thinking they might be drag ported for a 7 mill and i got a 4 mill crank which is not working just wondering when the piston is at the bottom of the transfer port its about a 1/16 from it and wouls a 7 mill crank use differnet wrist pins and help would be helpful

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Apr 18 2009, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38838u have to degree the exhaust

ok guys pulled my top end apart and done some measurement dont no if it will help or not but here is the sizes intake 1 1/8 high exhaust 1 1/8 and the transfer port 5/8 goin try to get pics on here tonite the way pistons look like in the cylinders

·
Registered
250 Posts
QUOTE (421stroker @ Apr 18 2009, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38850ok guys pulled my top end apart and done some measurement dont no if it will help or not but here is the sizes intake 1 1/8 high exhaust 1 1/8 and the transfer port 5/8 goin try to get pics on here tonite the way pistons look like in the cylinders

It sounds like you measured the size of the ports?? You really need to put a degree wheel on it and find out what you have but if you have a way to accurately measure from the top of the cylinder to the top of the port opening and tell us what your deck height is maybe someone can help you out. Maybe someone can point you towards a how to on degreeing port timing.......I know how to do it but technical write ups are not my thing

·
Registered
97 Posts
should have a stamp or etching on teh bottom side of it to tell you what it is and what not

pretty sure most have that or a number that calvin could tell you what it was casted at.

dont quote me on that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.