ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has a raptor 700. his clutch started to slip just a lil so he is putting another stocker in it. he bought a new stock clutch but it didnt come with plates just the fibers. My question is can he use the plates that were in it even though the clutch that was in it was an aftermarket clutch kit? Any help soon would be extremely helpful. trying to get this done tonight.

·
Registered
603 Posts
My brother has a raptor 700. his clutch started to slip just a lil so he is putting another stocker in it. he bought a new stock clutch but it didnt come with plates just the fibers. My question is can he use the plates that were in it even though the clutch that was in it was an aftermarket clutch kit? Any help soon would be extremely helpful. trying to get this done tonight.
Yes the plates should work. On the 700's there is a half clutch, held in with a thin little wire clip and two metal wavy discs all the way in the back. You have to get rid of all of that and replace it with a full sized clutch plate.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the plates should work. On the 700's there is a half clutch, held in with a thin little wire clip and two metal wavy discs all the way in the back. You have to get rid of all of that and replace it with a full sized clutch plate.
you are talking about the last 2 rings that go up against the primary drive gear?

·
Registered
603 Posts
There should be a small piece of wire holding it in. Take all of that out and trash it. Wire ring, small clutch plate, and two metal rings. Get rid of them all and replace it with a full clutch disc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.