ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a fun project. We have been quietly working on some small two strokes. This one is a highly modded 86cc liquid cooled setup, ported, custom dome configuration, on race gas, 28mm carb,v-force reed, aftermaket ignition, and a very good pipe, and a touch of dyno time. A tuned stk Preditor 90 run is only there for grins. 86ccANDstkpreditor90.JPG

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
blaster eater? hell i think that would give my stockish raptor 350 a run for its money...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buttermilk, this is a cvt motor, through a gear reduction box, then chain to rear axle. The sled motors loose about 45% from crank power through the cvt on an ATV. An atv motor is only down about 10-12%, on our tests. So with a tranny i'd expect it to be 23hp ish. That's a 115hp 43l puma...lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here is a fun project. We have been quietly working on some small two strokes. This one is a highly modded 86cc liquid cooled setup, ported, custom dome configuration, on race gas, 28mm carb,v-force reed, aftermaket ignition, and a very good pipe, and a touch of dyno time. A tuned stk Preditor 90 run is only there for grins. View attachment 5473

WOW!

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I told Nate 12HP was what my best 90 made and Nate beat it by almost 6hp. That's going to be a lot more than a blaster eater.
). Great job Nate.

·
Registered
767 Posts
This would definitely be OK for once to be able to say you outran a Blaster!!!! lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If we can eek out a win over a blaster Bubba, we'll break have to break out the new Blaster setup.
And maybe it will be looking for something bigger than 200cc. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those look like great numbers. We turned one in the 16's on a motor we rushed to a national. We should do more tuning in a couple weeks. The 50 builds can push 10 and the 70cc motor over 14. The 70 is not a good comparison as some of them can flat out run with a 90. AMA doesn't let 70's in the 90 class any more I don't think. They run about as good as a 90, sometimes better with a good rider.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nate,

Is this bike local to ya, if so I would like to see this guy run down the track. How old is the rider?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's what the recent mods run on the 90 (actually 86cc). I hope the girl doesn't get hurt again. Both my riders have had broken arms this year. Next we will work on getting the 70 in the higher mid to upper teens. Oh yea, shredded the belt on the last run as it was done at the 54 mph mark as shown on the graph.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Here's what the recent mods run on the 90 (actually 86cc). I hope the girl doesn't get hurt again. Both my riders have had broken arms this year. Next we will work on getting the 70 in the higher mid to upper teens. Oh yea, shredded the belt on the last run as it was done at the 54 mph mark as shown on the graph.

Good Job Guys!! I cant imagine that kinda of power outta them lil motors. Need to get working on my lil 90...LOL

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
how much does this porting cost? I want one of these cylinders for my pit bike! lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts