ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin to get a set of drag a-arms for my 700 rappy and was wondering what the advantages are of the +2 or +1 forward arms.

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
it moves the weight of your wheels,spindals, brakes etc further forward. kinda like extending the chassis..... the most important part of a chassis is the balance front to rear. too much swingarm = not enough tracton not enough = unstability. everything factors in, rider weight, tires(you can always tire up but it might not be the fastest setup for the build) swinger length, and where the balance point is on the bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (bbR @ Oct 27 2008, 09:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14055it moves the weight of your wheels,spindals, brakes etc further forward. kinda like extending the chassis..... the most important part of a chassis is the balance front to rear. too much swingarm = not enough tracton not enough = unstability. everything factors in, rider weight, tires(you can always tire up but it might not be the fastest setup for the build) swinger length, and where the balance point is on the bike.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I got alot of work to do. Is it mainly trial and error figuring this stuff out or is there a way to get pretty close. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.