ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is not a dumb question,

How big of a deal is it to add a 2nd P/J (fixed) to my Lectron?

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had installed a second one on my 44mm lectron. I had them bot in a angle. One at 10 o'clock and one at 2 o'clock position. i hope this helps.

Matthew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Packard 44mm with duel lines going to my P/J at 12 o'clock.

I am looking for info on basicly how to install a 2nd P/J,

how to plume it in?

thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (Asphalt330R @ Aug 20 2008, 06:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8754I have a Packard 44mm with duel lines going to my P/J at 12 o'clock.

I am looking for info on basicly how to install a 2nd P/J,

how to plume it in?

thanks

I had this exact carb from packard and had to drill the power jet needle seat two #drill bit sizes bigger to get enough fuel.

Before drilling, I even removed the adjustment needle and capped off the top in hopes of more fuel with no improvement.

I did resolder the velocity horn packard solders on because it was blocking the tube enough that a drill bit a size or two under the id of the power jet would not pass all the way thru.

I heated the tube and blew all the excess solder out after heating then resoldered the horn back on

but this still did not fix my lean condition, drilling the needle seat larger fixed everything.

I have even heard that drilling the feed tube fittings can help flow but I never tried it.

Make sure you are getting enough flow from the fuel pump also.

·
Registered
203 Posts
On my 48 lectron I installed a second PJ directly in front of the first one. It is a tight fit but being that it is exactly in line of the original PJ it doesn't take up anymore area in the carb throat. Just an idea you might think about. I know most duel PJ are staggered, but they restrict area in the carb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.