ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a +4 swingarm and now with my stock rear shock on it it sits low now and i hate it how do i adjust it up higher?

I do not have the tool that adjusts it so what can i use to make it higher up then where it is at now?

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE (badland banshee @ Jul 5 2009, 12:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49280Ok i got a +4 swingarm and now with my stock rear shock on it it sits low now and i hate it how do i adjust it up higher?

I do not have the tool that adjusts it so what can i use to make it higher up then where it is at now?
probably gonna either need to get your shock revalved for a +4 or else buy another shock setup for a 4 or a shaw or something. the problem is when u add length to the swingarm it puts more leverage on the shock which in a way makes it like the shock is softer and the rear will sit lower.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Jul 5 2009, 08:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49327probably gonna either need to get your shock revalved for a +4 or else buy another shock setup for a 4 or a shaw or something. the problem is when u add length to the swingarm it puts more leverage on the shock which in a way makes it like the shock is softer and the rear will sit lower.

Ok who can i have revalve it

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE (badland banshee @ Jul 5 2009, 09:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49339Ok who can i have revalve it
umm on that im not too too sure. i think works does them cause a friend of mine was going to have his done im sure there are a lot of places maybe someone else on here will have some input. im pretty sure that it can get really expensive to the point where u might be better off getting an aftermarket shock maybe ebay one thats already re valved or check on here. there is a couple on ebay right now one was done by cascade u should look into those and ive also heard of a few people that use R1 rear shocks but i dont know exactly how that works out. just a few options i know of. hope that helps

·
Registered
767 Posts
My +4 still uses the stock shock. Just keep adusting the tension rings until you get the height where you want it, then you can adjust the dampening a bit.

Put a floor jack under the main frame (with a rag or towel) and jack up the suspension to help you adjust it. If you dont mind, you can remove the shock and put it in a vise and adjudt it like that. The top ring is just a lock, the bottom one moves the spring tension.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (bubba297 @ Jul 8 2009, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49673My +4 still uses the stock shock. Just keep adusting the tension rings until you get the height where you want it, then you can adjust the dampening a bit.

Put a floor jack under the main frame (with a rag or towel) and jack up the suspension to help you adjust it. If you dont mind, you can remove the shock and put it in a vise and adjudt it like that. The top ring is just a lock, the bottom one moves the spring tension.

Ok cool thanks Bubba ill try that tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts