ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Air cooled 250r

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jadleybray 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have been away from the sport for a while and now some of my friends are getting back into it. I have too much other stuff going on to get all the way back into it but I would like to build something to play in the sand with everyone else. I have always wanted to see how fast I can get an air cooled 250r to go. I am a steel fabricator so all the chassis lightening and other work I can handle but I am wondering on the motor who would be THE guy to send it to? Anyone here done one of these before and have some advice and what I should do? Thanks

#2 ·
I have a fooler I did awhile back that ran really well. I had JDI Racing/ Hames Dodge do all the motor work. He tripple exhaust ported the cylinder and machined the head/dome. I ran it in a suspended 84 trike and ran 4.89 in pure Oregon beach sand. James can also cut an override tranny if you need one too. Give him a call or txt at 541.990.6264

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.