ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a wideband monitor with the gauge from Innovate motorsports and installed it according to the instructions but still doesn't read properly. It reads 16-17 until motor gets hot then only drops to about 15.4 and is not switching it holds this number. I tried swapping the monitior wires around and got the same thing until I touched the bare wire and my handle grip and then it started working switching 12-12.5 if I let go of the handle grip it quits working again, if I touch anything metal on the bike it drops to 7.5-8. All grounds are at the motor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (flashgordon @ Sep 14 2008, 11:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10713I bought a wideband monitor with the gauge from Innovate motorsports and installed it according to the instructions but still doesn't read properly. It reads 16-17 until motor gets hot then only drops to about 15.4 and is not switching it holds this number. I tried swapping the monitior wires around and got the same thing until I touched the bare wire and my handle grip and then it started working switching 12-12.5 if I let go of the handle grip it quits working again, if I touch anything metal on the bike it drops to 7.5-8. All grounds are at the motor. Any suggestions?

Did you make sure to follow the free air calibration to the letter? Also make sure when you key up the ignition... you wait for the lil' red LED to stop blinking. The o2 sensor has a heater in it, it gets hot, don't touch it!!! If all wiring is done to spec this could be your problem. The instructions for wiring were very confusing at times... I had to redo several connections. If you are reading a steady 17ish... I would guess the free air calibration was improperly performed. You can redo this I believe. For me it was a pain in the arse cause of my mounting position of the o2 sensor... I had to remove my pipe to screw or un-screw the damn sensor. I have the LC-1 wideband from Innovative, I will help anyway I can if you are patient. I can take pics or help with wire color connections if possible. Good Luck!!!

Also... the LED will blink in different speeds and amounts to indicat certain "errors messages".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts