ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

alcohol how to convert lectron vs mikuni vs kehin pwk

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  otkritoobya 
#1 ·
ok so i had 39 pwks bored to 41 on alcohol and it was a setup i just got from soem one else , fairly simple and easy to tune even for a beginer like me the bike ran awesome, at first i thought to convert pwk to alcohol one just needed to add a power jet, but i guess i was mistaken u also need to drill out something else right?(dump tube is it ??) so here is my thing do to financial sircumstances i sold that set .. now i was thinking of getting another set of carbs and me converting them to alcohol,im gonna buy em in a range of 39 to 41 ... i think 44 might be to big for my bike either way ....i want to know what do u actually have to do to these types of carbs (mikuni41,kehin pwk,lectron 40 ) to actually convert them to alcohol and where is the position of the power jet supposed to actually be at ???

what else do i have to drill out ?

what are ur guys input on the best power jet ?

and all in all what is the best carb to use ? i was tempted w the mikuni but the shops around here dont really like em? and jetting as far as lectron idk much about it yet .... my old setup had the main jet drilled out 120 thousands and had a 54 pilot on a true 350 banshee with alot of port work ... so same motor setup is going to be used ... inputs opinions facts welcome thankx guys looking forward to hear about this!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
id just buy lectrons. BUT

drill the dump tube to 120- 125 and i dont know what needle is used or whats popular. i personally really like the DMR power jet's OR the packard modified clippard power jet. i dont know if really anyone knows this but the end of the dump tube in relation to slide opening is where it will start to pick up signal. the dmr is not really adjust able in this regard the clippard is . most times it's placed at half throttle. or right in the middle of the bore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.