ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 yfz 450 with cam mod, Ron Woods exhaust, 14.25:1 venom piston, FCI intake, drag porting, and Dyna programable ignition. I am still running the stock carb and I want to go to alcohol. Does anyone know what the best carb and intake would be for this set-up?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
For a alky setup on the 450 i would suggest a 44mm lectron and get the PE-2, as far as the intake goes i use a intake tube off a DS-650 and works great.
But you could get a ronwoods intake or a esr intake there is also the Fci intake which works very well also.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (BBIII @ Sep 2 2008, 04:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9843For a alky setup on the 450 i would suggest a 44mm lectron and get the PE-2, as far as the intake goes i use a intake tube off a DS-650 and works great.
But you could get a ronwoods intake or a esr intake there is also the Fci intake which works very well also.
I currently have an FCI intake and filter. Will I have to make any mods to that to fit the alcohol carb? Is the DS 650 tube what you used between the carb and head?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
QUOTE (flashgordon @ Sep 2 2008, 07:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9844I currently have an FCI intake and filter. Will I have to make any mods to that to fit the alcohol carb? Is the DS 650 tube what you used between the carb and head?
The only thing you will need is the bigger boot from the fci to the carb, if you can ahold of whom ever you bought it from they will be able to get you the bigger adapter or you can measure it and go to the hardware store and get a tube that will fit it.

No the 44mm lectron with fit on the motor with the stock boot from head to carb, the ds intake is the tube from the carb to the filter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (BBIII @ Sep 2 2008, 04:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9846The only thing you will need is the bigger boot from the fci to the carb, if you can ahold of whom ever you bought it from they will be able to get you the bigger adapter or you can measure it and go to the hardware store and get a tube that will fit it.

No the 44mm lectron with fit on the motor with the stock boot from head to carb, the ds intake is the tube from the carb to the filter.
Thanks for the help, thats what I needed to know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (flashgordon @ Sep 2 2008, 06:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9842I have an 06 yfz 450 with cam mod, Ron Woods exhaust, 14.25:1 venom piston, FCI intake, drag porting, and Dyna programable ignition. I am still running the stock carb and I want to go to alcohol. Does anyone know what the best carb and intake would be for this set-up?
Better get on the phone and order it tonight, when I get my fci intake on and tuned, its really going to be game over for the 450. Even with my inability to ride! Do you really want to see mine and Beefcakes taillights every time we race?

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (flashgordon @ Sep 3 2008, 02:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9931I was going to give you a chance to catch up before I worry about that!
Flashgordon, if your going to use my computer at work, atleast log off when your done so it dosen't look like your talking to your self.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, I was trying to do two things at once, checking the computer with one hand and placing an order on the phone with the other......FOR AN ALCOHOL CARB!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (flashgordon @ Sep 3 2008, 06:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9964Sorry, I was trying to do two things at once, checking the computer with one hand and placing an order on the phone with the other......FOR AN ALCOHOL CARB!!!!

What are you going to do when it still dosen't have the power of my 700? Give up and buy your own 700?

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (BBIII @ Sep 2 2008, 05:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9846The only thing you will need is the bigger boot from the fci to the carb, if you can ahold of whom ever you bought it from they will be able to get you the bigger adapter or you can measure it and go to the hardware store and get a tube that will fit it.

The boot that comes with the FCI will work fine with the 44 lectron. Mine fit on with no problems. I even had it stretched a little bigger to fit my TM42. I also removed the inner part of the FCI for a little more flow for the Alki.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Flash, I'm with way2slow on this one. You need to stop talkin to yourself (especially when it comes to talkin smack) And way2slow, if you are gonna talk smack on the internet about who is the fastes, you may want to change your name to. . . . idk . . . . maybe "way2fast".
Btw, you guys get too fast and I am gonna have to spend some money on my raptor.
Now back to the smack talkin. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (Raptor Trent @ Sep 6 2008, 10:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10159Flash, I'm with way2slow on this one. You need to stop talkin to yourself (especially when it comes to talkin smack) And way2slow, if you are gonna talk smack on the internet about who is the fastes, you may want to change your name to. . . . idk . . . . maybe "way2fast".
Btw, you guys get too fast and I am gonna have to spend some money on my raptor.
Now back to the smack talkin. lol
Get that credit card out Trent, that little 450's coming. It's way behind, but its still coming
I can't change my name from way2slow, It's just a trail bike anyways. It was good meeting you this weekend, Good luck at Sandfest.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I really dont think I have anything to wory about with gordons 450. He is gonna have to spend alot more money on that kiddy bike before I have to worry about him. lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts