ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Jun 26 2008, 04:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728Setting your timing depends mainly on what size shot you'll be spraying...20 shot or less (10 per hole) you won't need to change your timing. 30 shot, back it off 1 degree, 40 shot, 2 degrees, etc. These are just general "rules of thumb", the determining factor on how much you need to back your timing down is ultimately judged by the heat shown on your plugs.

First time you spray it, put a fresh set of plugs in there, make a couple passes, pull your plugs and see what they tell you. The most important thing to realize is that you really need to have your jetting dialed in OFF the bottle before you turn it on...Also, it's a good idea to start with a 10 jet spread on alky, it's best to be a little rich than too lean on the bottle.

Hope this helps...

awesome,thanks.ill have to get some 10s then i only have 17s right now.also,ive heard that running alky through the fuel pump burns the pump out over time?.a buddy had a cr500 spraying and he kept frying the pump.

and just to make sure im understaning you correctly,by sayin i need the jetting dialed "off" the bottle you mean make sure my jetting is dead on when just running alky?

one more thing...i have the pressure gauge on the bottle and when i turn it on i notice it leaks from the fitting that screws into the nitrous line side.but when i take the gauge off and just screw the line directly to the bottle it doesnt leak...i know i have the fittings tight enough when i put the gauge on and the tapered ends are clean and not gouged or anything.can i put liquid teflon on that fitting to stop the leak or should i just buy a new gauge?

thanks again man..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Jun 26 2008, 05:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3732When you say you need to get some 10's, are you talking about 10 hp shot per hole (jets)? If so, cool...I just want to make sure you and I are on the same page.

You are correct, you need to have your jetting dialed in 100% on alky alone before spraying nitrous with it.

Absolutely on the liquid teflon, I put liquid teflon on all the fittings going into and out of the solenoids.

okie dokie then.we're on the same page. appreciate the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.