ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts
You know the purging isn't what's getting me and after reading this i now know that it's easier to tune than gas which blew my mind. The only thing that was holding me back (which i hope yall talk more about) is i'm 30 minutes away from the beach and live in the most humid area in Texas. Will the rusting on the pistons etc be a bigger issue?

My opinion, no..
When you're done riding/racing, mix up a THICK batch of castor oil and gas, like 20:1...and purge it for a solid 4-5 minutes.

Or...you could pick up some of that uplon from klotz. It's an upper end lube that the 4 stroke guys mix in their methanol, but you can use it as a purge oil too. It cleans the methanol residue from the motor pretty well...

another note! make sure to use the same type of oil in your purge gas as what you mix with your alky... if you dont and the two oils are not compatible you will have one hell of a mess in the carbs!

Been there done that. lol

I mix my purge fuel at the same ratio that I run my alky/oil mix..... 32:1 some say to use alittle more oil in the purge gas.... thats your call......

you should not have to change any settings on the carbs... Just run the bike till it is reall boggy and is hard to keep running and you should be good to go..... I run mine till it damn near fouls the plugs out....

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.