ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
I just drain the tank and dump alittle purge fuel in it, run it till the tank is empty....
direct drive has the quick disconects.....

QUOTE (badassbanshee479 @ Mar 6 2009, 07:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33369I just drain the tank and dump alittle purge fuel in it, run it till the tank is empty....
direct drive has the quick disconects.....

Direct drive dont carry em any more I just tried to get some yesterday. Any local bike shop can get em. Motion pro makes em im payin $15.

If anyone knows a cheaper place...let me know

Thanks

for those who dislike tuning and changing jets try this out. Definitely worth the money and I gaurantee you will never have hard starting problems again, a few shots of prime (built into the FI system) and the bike will start first kick everytime. Mine starts great running E85 Ethanol.

http://forums.atvdragracers.com/index.php?showtopic=3302

Oh and Zigg thanks for that last post I need some of those for my purge system now that Kevin has my FI running on E85.

I run alky in my cub. I have an aluminum tank and have always drained it to purge out of fear it would ruin the inside of the tank. It seems like the quick disconnects are a good idea. Will I run into issues if I don't drain the alky from my aluminum tank and purge through the quick disconnects.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
spark plugs for alky ? i m runnin B9EGV plugs

alky needle for 39 pwk ?? think i have a EGL needle in mine

any pics of some alky plug readings ?

spark plugs for alky ? i m runnin B9EGV plugs

alky needle for 39 pwk ?? think i have a EGL needle in mine

any pics of some alky plug readings ?

Your plugs and needles are fine. EGN seems to be the most common needle, but EGLs should be fine. I think the L has a thinner taper, making it a tad richer needle than the EGN, but not sure. Don't have that chart in front of me.

i have to ask, what is the reason for running a colder plug on methanol? if i am not mistaken, the higher the number with NGK plugs the colder range the plug is?

i am using a BR9ES on meth where as i was using 8's on gas.

edit: nevermind, i think i found the answer to my question.

methanol doesnt burn as quickly as gas so it burns longer. having a hotter plug in this type of situation will lead to detonation therefore the use of a colder range spark plug?

Ya that's a bike from the bottom of the pond. Lol. You post that pic and nobodys gonna go to alky. Lol. I always purge my bike, the one time I didn't, after 2 weeks the crank was kinda stuck when I started to kick it over and I never went without purgin again.

im on race gas completely.. have never had an issue with my bike running and the same top end has been together for over 3 years without issue. clean the carbs when it comes out of storage in the spring, and then give her hell all summer long. i suppose i may switch to something else, but for what reason if i dont have to mess with anything for 6-8 months at this point? i use the same jets in this setup no matter what the condition, and the bike seems to run pretty damn consistent(still have yet to find the right tires for it though)

i have thought about converting, but if i do, i was looking into a nitro methane and alky blend..

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.