ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to store ur alky jugs ?

ive heard not to let them sit on the concrete of a shop or garage..

if u set them on plywood on the floor is that ok ? or maybe a rug ?

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
^^^^^^^^ those rock, but i keep mine on a plywood shelf in my trailer

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
you guys are correct but missing that he is asking about a fuel can metal or plastic they are VENTED if you pour fuel out which means its not AIR TIGHT.so if you leave your alky in a race jug it WILL go bad..it has to be in an AIRTIGHT container like mentioned

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Dec 1 2008, 05:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17916you guys are correct but missing that he is asking about a fuel can metal or plastic they are VENTED if you pour fuel out which means its not AIR TIGHT.so if you leave your alky in a race jug it WILL go bad..it has to be in an AIRTIGHT container like mentioned

I have left my alky in a 5 gallon Plastic fuel container for several months with out a issue. Off the floor in a dry place.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i throw mine in the corner and then spill brake fluid all over the container then drop it off the back of the rv and then throw it in the bike and race it.. whatever is left i use to start the fire later in the shop..

if your container is SEALED thats a SEALED container. i wont drive to the dunes with an open gas container.

buy a drum in spring then HOPE you burn it all by winter.. mix what you will run..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.