ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check my squish clearance on my two stock cylinder dragger.

i check my squish clearance with a tin file.

On my stock stroke one, i'm about 0,47 with standard 18cc and 0,10 base gasket.

On my 4mill one, i'm about 0,67 with 0,10 base gasket. I run cut dome without spacer plate.

I think this big squish hurt my 4 mill engine alot. I have a lot of problem to jetting them, i'm actually at 175 main jet on my keihin 36mm pwk.

I'm at 200 feet elevation. I run vp c12 1/3 with 2/3 premium, with nitrométane

From your experience, it's possible to have problem with a engine with an excessive squish?

thank you

bansheeqc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's on a totally new motor built this winter. I use a set of dome i have and send them to get them cut off 2mm, but i think the machinist take more...

But it's possible to hurt performance with a big squish like that. I'm at 7 degree timing

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (bansheeqc @ May 17 2009, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43013It's on a totally new motor built this winter. I use a set of dome i have and send them to get them cut off 2mm, but i think the machinist take more...

But it's possible to hurt performance with a big squish like that. I'm at 7 degree timing

Not only is the squish too much, but not knowing how the band width or angle is also plays a big part.

I look at 4 things for a head design,
Squish clearance
Squish band width
Squish band angle
dome cc

all of that will play a role in determining power output, rpm range, and resistance to detonation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not, the machinist don't know anything on the motor... I try another set of dome todat, I'm at 0,045, but my cc seem to be very too small..i think this dome it's standard 18cc cut off 0,80...

Probably order a new set of dome for gas and another for alky for this engine in the next week...

Do you know the best place to order custom cut dome (a place where the guy know what i do and able to told me the exact dome i need with my set-up

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Custom cut Domes - Noss machine can help you and also Nate McCoy at McCoys performance they are a site advertisers, for their contact info click on the advertisers link then one of their banners.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (Ziggy @ May 19 2009, 09:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43391Custom cut Domes - Noss machine can help you and also Nate McCoy at McCoys performance they are a site advertisers, for their contact info click on the advertisers link then one of their banners.

Just did business with david at noss great guy and went out of his way to help.

I have heard nothing but greatness from nate he will be doing my 392 cub cylinder after this season

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i just wanted to say cc's can be the same even if the squish clearance, size, and angle are all different one guys 20 cc dome can be much different than the "other guys" 20cc dome..

where you from bansheeqc?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.