ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Would you rather have a 2 or 3 day event?

• thursday-sunday (No races sunday)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • thursday-sunday (race sunday)

• Friday-sunday (No races sunday)

• Friday-Sunday (Race Sunday)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Dec 22 2008, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=22019The 2-stroke classing will most likely be similar to the current format. We are tryong to make a race that caters to all racers. The fast, and the slow.

Are you guys ok with a Wednesday-Sunday type format? Or does the week day races put a strain on you?
So far so good.Actually I meant to say the banshee classes as UBETRUN had the 2-strokes in there.I'm good with the Wednesday-Sunday and most likely all our riders would be too.It's just nice to see ya'll asking our opinions,good start to a great program.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the 3 day weekend races also for easy attendance, but if you need more time to squeeze in a number of different classes over more than 3 days then the Wednesday -Sunday format sounds great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisJ @ Dec 22 2008, 03:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=22044I like the 3 day weekend races also for easy attendance, but if you need more time to squeeze in a number of different classes over more than 3 days then the Wednesday -Sunday format sounds great.

generally, we've preferred sunday as a travel day to go home. so if u do tue - sat you still got to take off an extra day one way or another be it tue or the following monday to travel home, depending on how far u live. does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Please answer this question, by selecting one option, please state your case in a professional manner. Stay on topic.. as we are going to be asking a bunch of questions.. We want everyone to participate in this discussion. If you dont, your voice will not be heard.

To determine the amount of races/classes we can have, We would like you our members to decide how long of an event you would like.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
make sure you state your case, as we will read and base our decision based on the results and the reasons why you voted that way. We will decide based on our members wants.. So if you are a four stroke guy, you better call your buddies and get them to vote it may make the difference.. same goes for all groups that feel they are not being represented in atv drag racing events. I am for the little guys. you can band together and get what you want. Just tell us what you want..

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have mixed feelings on this subject. on one hand i like friday nights and all day saturdays. because alot of people just cant show on a thrusday because of work and cant run on sundays because of the length of drive home and work on mondays. but on the other hand if you try to have a event of considerable size you have to run either thursday or sunday. with that said i think it has to depnd on what you are trying to do with each event. i guess it all depends on the turn out. the people turn out has to be the main factor i making this decision. my .02 andy

·
Registered
182 Posts
We have always ran the following format @ Shelton's.

Friday - Test & Tune

Saturday - Bracket / Index Racing

Sunday - Heads-up

The way its worked out is....

Friday - Test & tune but some use this as a travel day.

Saturday - We usually give around .5 - 1 hr practice before the races begin. This usually aids with those that might not have had a chance to make it out Friday night.

Sunday - We usually give around .5 - 1 hr practice before the races begin. This helps with those that have completed some modifications for the heads-up racing.

We have been having around 60 - 70 for the open bracket on Saturday and the Heads-up classes keep getting larger on Sundays. So...the Friday - Sunday schedule has worked for us in the past, but that's just my .02.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
If I am expecting people from California and Oregon to travel 2500+miles, they are going to have to deem it worth wild for them to make the trip. For that to happen they are going to want a vacation of sorts.

Another thing to consider is if current organizations are having trouble fitting in just 2-strokes in a 5 day format, how are we going to fit in everybody in 2 or 3 days.

Answer seems obvious if we are going to have any sort of diversity in the classes. I personally don't see myself driving 2500 miles to make a few passes then go all the way home.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I just talked to Fred At riddle raceway and he has the same format as Sheltons. Tracks use this format for a reason it works for everyone.. For our race to be a huge event we will need more time, or less classes and more index racing,
Because of this..

One racer/bike can run only one index, but when you run classes one bike/rider can fit into many classes therefore taking more time, But Sonnies point is very valid, we cant justify driving a long way for two passes (bracket and index).. So maybe we have more races, So people dont have to travel so far.. less people at each race, more classes. Thats been my point from the get go. If we bring the races to the people, its easier.

I am just thowing out ideas

·
Registered
119 Posts
I want to thank ATVDRA staff for asking our opinion. Without going into detail, it's refreshing.

I voted for a 3 day event, Thu-Sun, with no racing on Sunday. If a majority wants racing on Sunday though, I damn sure won't cry if I have to take off Monday and miss staff meeting.

Regarding the schedule vs. classes problem, I suggest focusing the races on the core purpose, heads-up racing. I believe that other organization is having schedule problems because they are stretched too thin with brackets, index, UTV, pit bikes, and kids (although kids would be the last thing I'd cut). Most folks can race bracket and index classes at their local tracks, the draw for big events is the opportunity to race heads-up against the fastest in the country. One day for T&T, one day for Limited, and one day for Unlimited should allow a good spread of classes.

Again, thanks for asking!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe i have missed something but i have a few questions.

1. How many classes are being raced?
2. Has anyone figured a scheduling order to run the classes?
3. Are you planning on running TnT during race days?
4. Do we start racing at 8am-5pm?, 8am-11pm? or 8am-whenever we finish?

The only reason i bring these questions up are so everyone knows what to base the time on. Everything factors on a time schedule, that will determine how many classes can be ran in one day.

If scheduled properly, you can run 20+ classes in one whole day stretch, 8am-midnight.

I have a race scheduled in February 18-21, 2009, I have a schedule of 22 classes i anticipate on racing (2 classes) friday and (20 classes) saturday.

If ran per schedule, i can start at 8am and be done by 10 or 11pm, if not earlier. I know it never happens that way due to unforseen circumstances, but if schedule properly, it will work.

Once i get everything organized, i will post the scheduling and classes, i have 7 unlimited classes, 10 limited classes, 2 pro classes, 1 sportsman, 1 junior and 1 youth.

Chuy
www.atv-sanddrags.com
www.domevalleyraceway.com

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
ok these are great question and I am SOO glad to have some first hand knowledge in the form of track owners here.. Thanks for being a part of this discussion all of you.

What we are trying to do is get a feel for what the members would want in length and what days of the week. We haven't talked to every track owner about using our schedule if we have a race, but we want to know what our members would prefer. Then we can ask if the track can accommodate that schedule. If not I guess we do what we can. but It would be nice if the racers had a say in all this. especially if they have to take off from work and travel to make it happen.

We were going to ask those very questions next, and probably many more, as in the form of rules, and class setup.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I personally voted for the racing friday, saturday and sunday. If you can take off work or what not on a wed to get there on thursday what would be the diff in leaving thursday to race friday and take off monday to get back home. I guess all in all it really doesnt matter to me as long as i get to race as well as everyone else and it all works out.

And this is just a kind of side note question but is there a class for non-lightened(Non cut frame,all brakes,non-cut rims,heavy non-lightned drag axle) OEM frame two stroke?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think first thing is first.

Classes need to be established, this will allow you to schedule the races during a certain time frame. If one track allows you to run for only 8 hours a day, then you can only run 8 hours worth of clases. that will tell you how long your races will be, if another track allows you to run 16 hours, you can propbaly shorten your race event because the time frame will allow you to run 16 hours worth of classes.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
That does make perfect sence.. Maybe we will need to run a different schedule at different tracks. Actually We will have to. I know some of the smaller tracks will not be able to support a race that runs through the night then continues on the next day.

Ok, I will make a new Post where we can talk about some Classes here ---->>>>> http://forums.atvdragracers.com/index.php?...st=0#entry22162

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Test and Tune all Day Thursday. Some kind of fun Thursday night like Pit Bike/UTV races, etc.
Test and Tune 8AM to Noon Friday.
Four Stroke Friday. If they get done early (based on turnout...) you could run more test and tune, you could run some smaller 2 stroke classes, etc.

2 hours of Practice Saturday. 8-10 AM. Heads up racing first. When that is done, Bracket and index racing.
If the bracket/index racing doesn't get finished within a reasonable time Saturday, it is finished Sunday AM.

As far as the guys that run T&T all day and don't show up to race...that's an easy one.

Charge like 50 to 75 bucks all day for a T&T. If they choose to race, take a generous portion of that and apply it to racing fees.

Everyone likes to Test and tune all day for 30 bucks...but make it enticing/rewarding for them to stay for the racing. now I understand some bikes break, etc. But if you stayed for a race...made one pass and broke, you're still out your entry fee.

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE (Ziggy @ Dec 22 2008, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=22071Please answer this question, by selecting one option, please state your case in a professional manner. Stay on topic.. as we are going to be asking a bunch of questions.. We want everyone to participate in this discussion. If you dont, your voice will not be heard.

To determine the amount of races/classes we can have, We would like you our members to decide how long of an event you would like.
Stay with the format that is working at some of the better tracks give a prize to the fastest pass of the race dont like bracket racing but we got to have it also it gives you another shot at winning and you get to make some more passes and that is what were all after anyway plus lets have it here in good oh TULSA OKLAHOMA.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (joshb @ Dec 22 2008, 10:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=22156I personally voted for the racing friday, saturday and sunday. If you can take off work or what not on a wed to get there on thursday what would be the diff in leaving thursday to race friday and take off monday to get back home. I guess all in all it really doesnt matter to me as long as i get to race as well as everyone else and it all works out.

And this is just a kind of side note question but is there a class for non-lightened(Non cut frame,all brakes,non-cut rims,heavy non-lightned drag axle) OEM frame two stroke?
classes do not usually break down that far,if youve ever been to a track youd see why as there might only be 3 bikes show up for that class or none,,usually it will break down in times for brackets,straight heads up or heads up index which is heads up but has bracket time outlines.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.