ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys running lectrons on your banshees in the 1/8 have them set up? Im running a gas 475 stock cylinder with 38/40 HV's. What length do you have your needles set to and how many turns open are your power jets?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats interesting, I was told to start at 51.8mm on the needle and the PJ at 1/2 turn open. I'm not sure I could get it to start at 46mm.
I know the PJ is differnt on gas than alky due to alky set ups having 2 PJ's. With mine on gas at 1 turn out it will gurgle wide open sitting still. Granted there is no load on the engine at that point but still seems to be fat at only 1 turn.

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE (banshee217 @ Aug 21 2008, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8855Thats interesting, I was told to start at 51.8mm on the needle and the PJ at 1/2 turn open. I'm not sure I could get it to start at 46mm.
I know the PJ is differnt on gas than alky due to alky set ups having 2 PJ's. With mine on gas at 1 turn out it will gurgle wide open sitting still. Granted there is no load on the engine at that point but still seems to be fat at only 1 turn.

Here is a good set up to go with: Read this article.

How to Tune Lectron Carbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (banshee217 @ Aug 21 2008, 12:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8828How do you guys running lectrons on your banshees in the 1/8 have them set up? Im running a gas 475 stock cylinder with 38/40 HV's. What length do you have your needles set to and how many turns open are your power jets?

48.5 is the starting point for alky 51.8 is gas
Open the pj's all the way and start leaning on it

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I knew I didn't kill those brain cells. I've seen that chart before somewhere else....I just thought the starting point was 46 not 45.
I can tell you my carbs came from Packard at or around 48. read that article, put them at 45 or 46...and it was so fat it was BLOWING raw fuel all over....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.