ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone post up a pic of their brake light switch mounted on their bike, I'm not exactly sure how it mounts since I am putting it on a J-Arm style bike and I'm guessing it doesn't have the same location drilled out for the mounting bolt? I have a manual but it doesn't cover the newer style wiring with the rear brake light switch, so I would really appreciate your help!!

Thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Wildcardracing for taking time out to help me on this problem I was having, he snapped a couple of pics and sent them to me!! I realized that the bracket that holds the switch was upside down, so now that I know how to bolt it onto the frame, I am missing the bent up rod that goes from spring on the switch to the foot brake pedal. Anybody got one lying around???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have one lying around, but I do have some pictures that would have been helpful when adding a brake light setup to my '99. The back of the pedal has a loop that the rod goes into to pull the spring.

Here is how the rear setup bolts on. Apparently all years have a hole in the brace (hole is used on other side, so Yamaha just used the same part on both sides.)

The hanging hook then goes into a eyelet on the back of the brake pedal. This was added in later years; I decided to weld one on instead of buying another pedal.

And just for fun, a pic of my front switch setup. Going stock involved too much work and cash, so I went with a $20 hydraulic switch. I just put it on, so I still gotta ziptie it to the hydraulic hose. The pitch on this is 10x1.25mm. Dont get the 10x1mm, it wont fit!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't have one lying around, but I do have some pictures that would have been helpful when adding a brake light setup to my '99. The back of the pedal has a loop that the rod goes into to pull the spring.

Here is how the rear setup bolts on. Apparently all years have a hole in the brace (hole is used on other side, so Yamaha just used the same part on both sides.)

The hanging hook then goes into a eyelet on the back of the brake pedal. This was added in later years; I decided to weld one on instead of buying another pedal.

And just for fun, a pic of my front switch setup. Going stock involved too much work and cash, so I went with a hydraulic switch. I just put it on, so I still gotta ziptie it to the hydraulic hose. The pitch on this is 10x1.25mm. Dont get the 10x1mm, it wont fit!

GREAT POST! Awesome to see new stuff. Can you PM me with the 411 on how and where to buy that front lever brake switch gear? I assume you can run them together so the front or rear switch can trigger the taillight...

·
Registered
101 Posts
just ordered 2 of the hydraulic switches for mine.

·
Registered
420 Posts
RMATV sells them for $18.99/each. Get the ones that are for Nissin brakes. Those are 10mmx1.25 thread. The part number in their 2010 catalog is 127-489. Or, you can get the Tusk one from them for $12.99/each. That part number is 127-559.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.