ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys ever removed the rubber mounts that are in the engine case? I want to have my cases powdercoated to match the frame but I am not sure how to get them out without destroying them??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Jan 6 2009, 09:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24382You talking about the rubber pieces on the top of the case where it bolts to the frame by the rear shock and the bottom part of the case? Dave (dajogjejr) had his cases powdercoated he could help ya there i'm sure he'll chime in this thread soon
Yea those are the ones, maybe I will pm him cuz the powder ciater just called me back with a price and he is ready to go as soon as I am!!! yea

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jan 7 2009, 10:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24484Sorry I can't help ya rumble.
Mine were left in and powder coated...
The metal sleeve in the back has a little bit of cracked powder coating from the flex of the motor.
No problem! Just take a deep well socket the same size as the outer metal portion of the mount. Mark them to get them back into the correct placement, be gentle and hammer them out. I have done alot of them building triple cases.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I tried that tonight and they don't seem to be budging, but I am really worried about busting my cases up. I am gonna give it one more try tomorrow now that I know for sure thats how to get them out. Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
you can cure powder coat with a uv light.... that is how some of the painters do the stock a arms with the non serviceable ball joints

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (badassbanshee479 @ Jan 8 2009, 05:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24623you can cure powder coat with a uv light.... that is how some of the painters do the stock a arms with the non serviceable ball joints

I will ask about that because my brother wants his 450 arms done and they have those non serviceable's in the upper arms.

·
Registered
507 Posts
rather then beating on it with a hammer, you might try and push the socket threw with a vice or a c clamp or something. Something that allows you to tighten it down and shove it out the other side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.