ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Banshee front end shakes after about 50 or 60 mph. This is what I have tried so far. I had the front end shake when everything was on the stock frame as well. The front tires had a little toe-out on the stock frame. I have the front tires adjusted about ½” toe-in now. I have tried a different set of tires and wheels and it still does it. When I changed from the stock frame to a lighter chromoly frame, I now have 5/8 spindles and a different set of banshee hubs. The front end still shakes. Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Is it at all possible it could be somewhere else besides the frontend. Bent axles,rear wheels, and many other things can make a bike shake and it sometimes seems like the frontend. Even a bad front shock can let the front tire start bouncing at speed .
Did you use the same axle?

·
Registered
101 Posts
1/2 inch toe in is too much, should be 1/8 at most. I bet it is really darty (for lack of better term) from side to side. readjust the toe in to 1/8" then balance tires and try that, also check your tie rod ends and make sure they aren't worn out and have a bunch of play in them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Kirk. I know you have been told just about everything to try but I just have to put in my two cents. I bought a used set of paddles from the internet and my raptor was shaking like crazy. At first I did not put two and two together cause it seemed like it was shaking in the front end. I finally pulled my head out and realized that the shaking did not start til I put on those paddles. So I changed paddles and it went away. I took these to the local tire shop to see if they could be balanced and check for bent wheels. The wheels were fine but when we tried to balance them they were acting really funny. We took them off of the rims and found out that the guy that I bought them from had put that green slime in them. Now get that thing fixed and I will see you in Atoka in a couple of weeks. Trent

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I had a friend with a bad front shock that was blown out and his bike would be fine till about 40 mph and then his tire would start bouncing like a basketball dribbling as soon as it hit a little bump and it wouldnt stop till he nearly stopped the bike. Just from a bad shock.

Did you figure it out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.