ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys kevin (GPRacerX) is getting close to finishing my fuel injection on my 7MM Banshee on E85 Ethanol. I can't wait to see the results but the main thing I am ready for is the savings in operating costs going from 10Bucks a gallon for race fuel to 1.49 a gallon for the E85. Hopefully I can get kevin to post up the dyno results and the seat of the pants evaluation after the mods. He rode the bike prior to installing the setup and was quite impressed with the power so hopefully I do not lose any performance.

Kevin, post up and show us some dyno runs and give some info on the finished product.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
What's up loon and GP? See I knew I couldnt trust you two with my bike to go injected...LOL
I really wanna know what power difference you got on e85 and with the big T.B.s. It would be cool to compare gas,E85, and alky.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote name='Radar' date='Feb 26 2009, 02:56 AM' post='32226']
What's up loon and GP? See I knew I couldnt trust you two with my bike to go injected...LOL
I really wanna know what power difference you got on e85 and with the big T.B.s. It would be cool to compare gas,E85, and alky.
[/qu

You should bring yours out and we could test nitro! I'm looking forward to the ride march 20.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking fwd to the pics and the test rides. I would love to let you guys have it for the summer but after buying a new 5th wheel toy hauler the wife is ready to go the dunes so I need it back. LOL If everyone cares to see here is a pic of the bike. I am not into drag bikes these setups are way more fun.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
That's a sweet bike lobo. That bike should still hold it's own draggin the not so long bikes. I thought about having Kevin and James do F.I on mine but I already had my lectrons by then. I like the E85 Idea tho. It would be nice to have a high octane not so detonating fuel for less than gas and maybe get a little farther duning than alky. Dont tell me Kevin and James didnt try to get you to turbo that bike either I wont believe you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Mar 4 2009, 04:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33098That's a sweet bike lobo. That bike should still hold it's own draggin the not so long bikes. I thought about having Kevin and James do F.I on mine but I already had my lectrons by then. I like the E85 Idea tho. It would be nice to have a high octane not so detonating fuel for less than gas and maybe get a little farther duning than alky. Dont tell me Kevin and James didnt try to get you to turbo that bike either I wont believe you.
Kevin knows me too well that I wouldn't go for the Turbo. I ride this in the trails and on my local MX track and the turbo would be way too stupid. The bike prior to their work was making a honest 85HP to the wheels. I wasn't looking for anymore power just wanted to lose the cost of Race Fuel but still maintain my power.
Also I could never get the thing to idle so I am hoping Kevin can get that fixed with the FI system. Plus with the FI system I won't have to rejet when I travel to Glamis or Oregon for SandFest this July.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I think Kevin has talked me into coming out for the river run (whatever that is) that way we can verify the tune and make sure things are working as advertised. Hopefully there are plenty of fuel stops since this bike drinks fuel faster than a drunk with Whiskey.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I am still waiting anxiously on the results. WE had to change the ECU plan but that is OK. Kevin is making sure things are good before he returns it to me.

I can't wait to see the results, the plan is to head to Beaver next weekend with it and see how that goes. I will keep you all posted once I get the chance to ride it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it runs now for the hard part getting it tuned to my liking. LOL jk They should be dynoing the bike this week and final seat of the pants tuning next weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Alright, you are gonna ride with us this weekend? Cool. Got a few from out here near Spring hill Ks and a few from Lincoln Ne coming.
Should be no fast bikes to contend with just trail bikes. We'll even have kids on 90cc bikes, even the wives and such.
I heard it's real close to being done and on the dyno. We are planning on hiding gas cans out on the river where we can find em (hopefully) and fill up. You might do the same with a can of E85 about 1/2 way to ingalls or so. I'd like to see your bike. The KTM in Kevin's shop is Mike's he'll be there too. Radar

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kevin mentioned going to beaver so I am not sure of the plans right now. AFter I leave Saturday I am headed to Waynoka for the night and some more riding on Sunday. I have faith that Kevin will have it spot on when I get there and then we might do a few tweaks for my liking. From the sounds of it the throttle response is brutal so hopefully we can soften that up with a little more fuel at that point in the TPS. Otherwise I will put on a 17 tooth countershaft sprocket. I already run a 15-38 gearing but I think if the throttle response is the way he says I can get away with the 17. Only problem then is the top speed will be absolutely stupid for a Dune Bike but oh well. LOL

see you all Saturday at the shop around 930 or so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you will be pleased with the new throtle return springs. It seems to me that there is an improvement in the bottom end response its nice to run it up to 5 gear at five miles an hour and and have to try to keep the front end down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea that motor is the ultimate all around banshee motor IMHO. I have been happy with it ever since I bought the bike in 2005. I can't wait to ride it, have you guys checked the tune on the dyno yet?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well here is the results. I know there isn't any reference of HP but we are at 90HP and 50ft/lb of torque. Kevin has informed me of the animal characteristics that this thing has now so I hope i can hold onto it. LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GPracer will have to answer that question. All I know is this mod to use the E85 Ethanol is going to save me a bundle in operating costs. The race fuel was rediculous at 10bucks a gallon. My 20 gallon barrel cost me 28.00 to fill up for this weekend when it used to be 200.00 for the race fuel. do the math, over a riding season that is a crap load of money spent on fuel jsut for the bike.

Kevin, thanks again for taking this on and I will have another bike to do here in the future, Jim wants his 4MM stroker done as well. I will talk to you about that this weekend.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.