ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i raced my shee two weekends ago and it ran like a champ got second place but probably had the fastest bike there. very last pass i made bike still ran good no problems. then this last saturday i went to a new sand track to a race and ran it again. bike started up like normal usually takes a few kicks sounded great. take it out for the first practice pass and when i go to launch it just craps out totally bogs and just falls on its face. the sand was kinda heavy so i thought maybe too much paddle (22 inch 10 paddles hauler SL) so i threw on my 4 snows and took it out still ran like crap just bogged but when it reved it didnt hook. so i went back to my haulers and increased the air pressure. i launched in 1st and it launched great shift to second ran great 3rd blahhh falls on its face again. all the other guys there had seen my bike run before and knew something was wrong so we were all trying to figure it out. couple guys said i had too much paddle cause i have my haulers which are 12 inches wide on 10 inch wide wheels and that it would run fine with 7 inch wheels. so i widened out my axle to try and lose a little traction still just bogged off the line and wouldnt rev up at all. so i had no idea what it could be. then when i got home and kept thinking about it i realized i was running gas from the last race so it was mixed for 2 weeks( sunoco 110 with motul oil) could this possibly be the problem??? ive seen this combo turn brown after less than a month. any other ideas? its a 4 mil stock cylinder no override with 36mm pwks. couple other things i have run these paddles and the same setup in regular plowed dirt and it ran great which is why im skeptical on the too much paddle theory. i replaced the plugs after the first couple races just to check. havent checked it yet but the motor feels like it still has the same amount of compression judging by the kick strter. any help or ides will be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm with him.... pull the bowl screws out first and see if some of the oil has seperated and is laying in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.