ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banshee Wiring Diagram

31K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Speed Demon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
If you do not want to have electrical issues which Banshee's are notorious for because of all of the safety equipment then I have the simplist wiring system available and anyone can make it from yours.

First you have to not want any of the safety stuff or the light, Although adding the light isn't much more of a problem.

This is all you need to make it run. First loose the tors system and all wires. Loose the voltage regulator because they fail all of the time and if you still want to run lights, you cvan get brighter ones.

For the simplist wiring system eliminate all of these items in the second picture.

Save the Stator and all the wires in the connector.

Plug the Stator connector to the CDI conector and eliminate all of the other wires. You only need to plug in the black and orange wire to the coil and then run another ground wire to the coil mount(make sure to sand it) and another to one of the nuts on the head, because the motor is not always grounded, especiallt if it has been painted and the mounts were not sanded. You have to have a Tether switch so eliminate the kill switch and wire the tether to the coil. all of the wires coming out of the CDI are for the safety features mainly the R/B,B/W and B. again the only wires you need are the orange and black ground wire.

Here is a picture of what it should look like. VERY simple compared to a stock one and it you still want to run the lights, just plug the light wire into the Stator connector and they will work, but they do rob power.

Since I made this I have NEVER had any electrical issues!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.