ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,219 Posts
wow the truth comes out. motor is questionable, carbs wern't in the similar state of tune.>.. now this post will start a war on which carbs are better and which pipes are better..

last 421 i did about 3-4 years ago had average domes from fast for a cub. and BB shear's and 41mm lectrons it did 105+ and pulled VERY hard also the carbs were having problems suppling enough fuel. james was going to get bigger bowls or possibly pump it. but ended up seling the motor due to funding issues'

so if your lec's are suppling more than enough fuel and you have the stock small bowls i;d say there is a LOT more left inthe engine. get the correct alky domes for it and try again.. the domes will make a big change in the motor..

motors that rev high are fun to ride BUT i always have found that to get my fat butt around i need the bottom end and aceleration capacity.

either way should be a fast engine!!

· Registered
1,219 Posts
i wish i had a hot chick next to my name..

dome's are a whole nother thread!!..

i like a lil more squish with a short band and a very flat profile from the plug out.. and lots of timing on alky. on smaller motors.. cubs i wouldnt ever go more than .42-.45 they will push the head up and nuke.. i think stockers you can run tighter than that. think i've ran down to 35ish on a few? dont rember oh well time to find some random hot chick to get an avatar for!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.