ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well......i was a nice guy a month or so back and let one of my buddys borrow my outlander. well he let his brother in law ride it for the day. he tumbled it down the hill. now it looks as if that instead of him paying me like he promised he is going to stick me with the repairs. heres how far apart it had to come to be able to start fixing it again. 800+ in parts and i dont even know how many hours in labor. both rear trailing arms are bent(one bad enough the axle pulled completely out of the differential), right front a-arm, stem was C-shaped, handle bars, front shock towers, aluminum plate that bolts to front diff that upper a-arms mount to. front plastic support, and other support tabs.....etc.......its a freaking night mare. now you all know part of the reason my DS is up for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (2slo4u @ Aug 17 2009, 01:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53460i have contacted him.......i got a sob story......"2 months late on the house payment, transmission going out in my truck, owe money on my dirt bike"
I would go take his truck and dirt bike. Then he wouldnt have to worry about spending money on either one again. lol
Sorry for your loss. This guy sounds like a real winner.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I hate being a nice guy! Always finish last.

Sorry to hear this Sean, I hope he does eventually pay.

·
Registered
396 Posts
if he is still paying on his house he should have homeowners insurance that may cover it, as long as the dec. is not to high-
I wouldn't let it slide though-
if worse comes to worse then small claims court-

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO,if i borrow something, its my resposibility. if i borrowed an extra bike, i would ride it. some one else could ride mine. that way if the bike i borrowed got messed up its on me. even if someone else was riding it it would still be on me....but then i wouldnt just be stuck in the middle.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
100% right you loaned the quad to your buddy not his brother in law. Your buddy is responsible. He needs to pay for it then get his brother in law to pay him back. At least that is how I would do it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
If he offered the dirtbike then I would take it and sell it and then tell him how much is left to pay. At least if he never pays anything else you got a little something out of the deal.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
damn that sucks... i had this same thing happen last year with one of my sleds... they wrecked it and tried to hide teh damage by buying and installing used parts before returning it... needless to say it did not have the showroom clean look it did once i got it back, they did NOT get away with it and payed every penny to get it lookin the way i had it before.... dont give up on those guys, keep pushin it till they pay for it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.