ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you guys recommend for a banshee stock rear shock rebuilder/ revalver? The bike will be used for duning/hillshooting.

I heard some outfit in Ca. was good but recently was bought out by Race tech.

Mailman

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
bump.. good ?

i have a extra blown rear shock..thought about gettin it revalved

my buddy has 2 front shocks(old works) that need revalved

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (kawiking @ Sep 27 2008, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11876bump.. good ?

i have a extra blown rear shock..thought about gettin it revalved

my buddy has 2 front shocks(old works) that need revalved

I think the place in CA. is TCS. They were bought out by Race Tech but the owner of TCS still works there and runs the susp. dept. I have heard a lot of good things about them but I don't have any first hand experience with them.

Mailman

·
Registered
507 Posts
TCS will cost a pretty penny but the shock will be great! my buddy had his wifes ex400 revalved by them and that thing rode like a caddy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im sorry but I bought a cr500 that was done by tcs and I cringe everytime I hear tcs. I hurt my back riding because the rear shock was bottoming out so bad. I took it to a guy who used to work at pro-curcit and do all the pro's bikes and he gave me the low down on how the rear shock ring was not even the right one to use and how most guys can not figure out how to spreed on a oem style shock ring (kind of like a piston ring but no split in it). Also the rear shock spring was super stiff aftermarket because that was tcs fix to not being able to get the shock to work and then leaving the front springs oem. This bike was a accident waiting to happen. And race-tec ideas about anything is worse than anyone could think of. Dont get me started on that company. I would go with works and thats all im going to say on that one. When you hurt your back bad and have to still work as a valet to make money then you can understand how I feel about this subject.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this is an old post but I did want to follow up on the last post about TCS. I heard a lot of great things about this company so I sent my brother-in-law to them to get his 450r shock revalved. The first try ended up being so stiff that I told him not to ride it hard through the whoops or he would get hurt. He did what any normal male would do and ride it through the whoops; surprise, he crashed and cracked some ribs.

Sent it back and got a slightly softer setup but still way too stiff. The rear suspension never went past half way (we annalyzed it on video).

Sent it back and got a slightly softer setup than the second time but I feel it is still too stiff.

He is deciding on sending it back a 4th time. TCS customer service is great and there is no charge on the 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th time.

It does make you wonder if they know what they are doing or if they are just "throwing darts".

Mailman

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
my buddy always uses mark baldwin baldwin motorsports in ohio

·
Registered
793 Posts
i had a set of TCS on my desert raptor. i wouldnt use anybody else. they were the best shocks i have used. i have used works, pep and elka as well. TCS has better suspension.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts