ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy i traded and got the Banshee today. It has Shearer in frames and I talked to Jeff at FAST and he said the best set up for pavement drags for the most power i should run OOF pipes. My questions are what do you think are the best??? SHEARER? CPI? ETC ETC

Also if any1 needs any in frame pipes i'll be selling or trading the ones on the quad used in like new condition.

·
Registered
489 Posts
[quote name='kubitza123' date='Nov 8 2008, 07:15 AM' post='15350']
Ok guy i traded and got the Banshee today. It has Shearer in frames and I talked to Jeff at FAST and he said the best set up for pavement drags for the most power i should run OOF pipes. My questions are what do you think are the best??? SHEARER? CPI? ETC ETC

Also if any1 needs any in frame pipes i'll be selling or trading the ones on the quad used in like new condition.
[/quot

imo shearers are your best bet... if you are running at an asphault track you better check the requirements, some tracks wont let you run pipes with out silencers.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Nov 8 2008, 07:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15355That thing without the silencers is just plain retarded to me.

LOL, I feel the exact opposite...I love the way out of frames sound without silencers...SICK!

Shearers are the way to go, IMO, they have out-performed any other out of frame I've tried, Grand River pipes were a close second.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Nov 8 2008, 10:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15357LOL, I feel the exact opposite...I love the way out of frames sound without silencers...SICK!

Shearers are the way to go, IMO, they have out-performed any other out of frame I've tried, Grand River pipes were a close second.

Sorry Travis what i meant to say is tracks making you have silencers is retarded. I LOVE pipes without silencers not only do they sound better they look better. IMO

G

·
QUOTE (BBIII @ Nov 8 2008, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15374I run CPIs right now but would like to try something else out to see if i could get a little more out of the bike.
I have brand new set of Shears drag pipes with silencers with billet aluminum end tops.
Both on left side. Bare.
They are setup for a big flange small block Twister. Matt Shears will send you the right flanges you need.
Brian at Perforance Atv & Cycle will cut & weld them on for you.

The pipes look the same what is on my dragger.

I use Shears drag pipes in the 1/8 mile.
Then use White Knuckle Racing drag pipes in the 1/4 mile.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Never tried shears pipes.
But, Cpi's worked good last year on my unported 65mm stock stroke gas cub.
Grand River Racing small bore pipes are working real good this year on my K+T ported 68 mill bore, 4mill stroke gas cub. For 1/8th mile.
And the Grand River Racing big bores for 1/4 mile. JMO

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
you should talk to your builder and see what there motors like..... some builders port for small bores some for big bores..... there are alot of nice pipes out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
803 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Nov 10 2008, 07:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15535how close of a second travis ? i also have a set of bb shears

All of em' are right but your motor will like what IT likes.I have RDZ's on mine and love em'.We put Rico's together with GRR pipes and they are awesome.BTW Rico I'd like to try those out.lol.I always ran CPI small bores on my drag ported 350's and I know Jeff likes Shear's.Basically it's like asking who should port your motor,you'll get all kinds of answers.
BTW Redline,Kennendale and Paris don't care if ya don't have silencers.They welcome the loud bikes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (banshee332 @ Nov 29 2008, 09:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17730yep right where the angle in the stinger tube is you cut that off even

Measure back 10 inches from the end of the cone, where the stinger tube is welded on to the pipe. Cut the rest of the stinger tube off. You want the stinger tube no longer than 10 inches long. Its good for a few more horsepower. Straight from Andy at Grand River Racing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.