·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dave let me know the shears i won on e-bay are big flanged...hmmm

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Some of the DMs have even bigger flange than the Cheetahs...
I bought a set off a member that said they were big enough flange for his DM, 18 mil I think. They ended up being too big for my cub. My buddy with a 14 mil Cheetah bought them. So there are at least three size flanges right there....and I have no idea what the twisters run.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it really didnt cross my mind when i read that on there the other day... hope i can use them ... i really dont want to cut them again.. but i will if i have to ,that was to good of a deal..

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Rico...
I can promise you this, without the sugar coating.
If they are in fact big bore flange pipes, as they are listed, they will not work for you bike unless you either cut them off and have smaller flanges put on OR get reducers made.

I know you're gonna take 'em out of the box and try to match them up, there's gonna be enough slop in there to ring the flanges around like a cow bell for supper...I promise.

If I remember correctly, yours (and mine)...or stock banshee...exhaust flanges are 45mm OD. Those big bore pipes will probably be 48mm ID.
You're not making that up with an Oring....

Matter of fact, my pipes are off my bike now, I'll go measure the flange
Yep...45mm on my 10 mil cub...same as yours. I think my pipes are 46mm or so, and the Oring seals it.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol... no , i believe u you dave... i just wanted to know what they fit on. just in case u cant find anyone that can hit me up with a set of reducers and cuttin them would be a pain..then id look to sell or trade them....

i dont even have my cylns.. so no matchin them up goin on...lol

i know u wont steer me wrong dave... just lookin at options..

thanks again..

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
They will fit mount wise, just the flanges.
I have to get a stock head to Sean for cutting for Dan, I'll talk to him about some flanges for you.
I talked to him about it for me last year when I got the wrong pipes. I ended up selling mine...and buying the right ones...the show chrome was too nice to cut, and I didn't feel like running flanges.

For the price you got those for, flanges is how I'd go. They look like they had the flanges cut and welded on after the chroming was done....

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont care about the chrome... heck.. i painted my cpi oof black for the heck of it.. chrome looked great on them.. lol

so should i just get smaller flanges welded on ???
hollar at ur buddy for me.... thanks for lookin out , buddy

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
If you had stock pipes laying around you could cut the flanges off those.
I would have a reputable welder see if he feels comfortable welding them on if they've been cut and welded once already...

I know Shearer could do it, shipping would be high, though.

I'll let you know what I come up with...

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
let me know boss.... i do have my set of fmf fatties sittin in the garage and my cpi oof's... but i think id sacrifice the fmf's first..lol

thanks again dave

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 27 2008, 07:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1243Some of the DMs have even bigger flange than the Cheetahs...
I bought a set off a member that said they were big enough flange for his DM, 18 mil I think. They ended up being too big for my cub. My buddy with a 14 mil Cheetah bought them. So there are at least three size flanges right there....and I have no idea what the twisters run.
cubs are small flange just as a stock cylinder.

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 27 2008, 05:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1243Some of the DMs have even bigger flange than the Cheetahs...
There are atleast two more flange sizes on top of those for Twister big blocks............... I suspect there are even more flange sizes out there beyond that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There are basically three flanges for the Shearer BB pipes: Small Flange (stk banshee/cubs/cheetah up to 10mm), then Large Flange (this is the "14mm Cheetah flange, it is the larger cast outlet for Cheetahs), and Honda flange (250r style flange originally setup for the Cheeath DM).
Now those are used on other motors/application, but they are the three.

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (more-torque @ May 30 2008, 01:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1473There are basically three flanges for the Shearer BB pipes: Small Flange (stk banshee/cubs/cheetah up to 10mm), then Large Flange (this is the "14mm Cheetah flange, it is the larger cast outlet for Cheetahs), and Honda flange (250r style flange originally setup for the Cheeath DM).
Now those are used on other motors/application, but they are the three.

Kawking, what did you end up doing? I have a set of stockers that I can cut off the flanges & you have them if you need 'em..

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I'm gonna ask a buddy to make flanges for him...by looking at the pics, I think someone already whacked the flanges off and put new ones on, not sure how much metal is there to work with....
I know there was a mail delay because of the storms, etc., and last I knew...he didn't get them yet...

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i finally got my pipes last week, after waiting 3 weeks. i figured ebay got me ... did think id ever see the pipes or my money.
heres some pics of the big flanges they had welded on....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts