ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike likes to dart side to side at the big end of the track, I just installed spindle mount wheels and tyson drag arms. is it something in the suspension geometry or is it the skinny front tires? Where should the front toe be set? I have it toed in just a hair right now.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol!! no it goes straight down the track! Its when ya let off and try and stop it is when things get alittle harry.

You know the little 4 mills are gonna put a woopin on that 10 mill!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Front shocks may be a tad too soft also tranferring too much weight forward when you let out of it.

Setting the caster so its negative will help alot.

Set the toe-in to zero. You're going straightline so no need for a fast front end with any toe-in.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
never thought of the shocks, I am running 300ex shocks so they are alittle soft! I will reset the toe to zero and try some struts!!

how much caster should I have?

thank you for the replies fellas!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have just been to lazy to build a set. I am thinking it will have them this weekend!
now that it shifts and the clutch does not slip I think I will be in the mood to mess with it again.

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE (Backcountry @ Jul 14 2008, 12:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5224Front shocks may be a tad too soft also tranferring too much weight forward when you let out of it.

Setting the caster so its negative will help alot.

Set the toe-in to zero. You're going straightline so no need for a fast front end with any toe-in.

Whats the best way to set toe to zero? I cant get both tires right for the life of me..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ Jul 14 2008, 06:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5264Whats the best way to set toe to zero? I cant get both tires right for the life of me..
I strap the handle bars os they cant turn, then I mark each tire front and rear in the same spot both tires, I then take a tape measure and measure the front distince between the tires mark to mark, then I measure the rear distance mark to mark. it will be at zero when both front and rear meaurements are the same.

QUOTE (BBIII @ Jul 14 2008, 06:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5268If you dont mind.

not a problem, should have it out tonight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.