ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the 250r all back together, new crank, all new bearings, lightened flywheel, drag ported.

BUT.. the crank isn't spinning freely. It seemed to in the cases and before everything was tightened down. But not now.. no extra parts left over. I'm thinking maybe the bearings are designed to spin in a specific direction.. but that seems strange. I'm lost and frustrated. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hmmm. As long as the cylinder isn't on there. Take a flashlight and look to see if anything is in there. If nothing noticable. Take an air compressor gun and blow a lot of air into the case.

·
Registered
288 Posts
ive assembled a few hondas and heres what i noticed. when you install the crank in the cases with new bearings theres a very slight amount of resistance if you turn it by hand, because everything is new and tight. if you have ALOT of resistance then you probly have other issues

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (average_joe @ May 15 2009, 12:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42740ive assembled a few hondas and heres what i noticed. when you install the crank in the cases with new bearings theres a very slight amount of resistance if you turn it by hand, because everything is new and tight. if you have ALOT of resistance then you probly have other issues

I'd say its lot of resistance.. and i blew it out and nothing seems to be stuck in the case.. argh..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Make sure the crank is centered between the bearings. Sometimes its easy to get it over too far against one side and it rubs.

-Or-

Is this crank welded? Sometimes the weld is too "tall" and rubs the cases that way too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Backcountry @ May 15 2009, 01:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42743Make sure the crank is centered between the bearings. Sometimes its easy to get it over too far against one side and it rubs.

-Or-

Is this crank welded? Sometimes the weld is too "tall" and rubs the cases that way too.

OEM crank.. I wonder if it is centered, the crank went into the bearing without a press. I'm in the middle of tearing it down now. I'll check for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.