ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most common plac for OOF pipes to break? The peg mount or the two tabs on the pipes?

I got my bike most of the way together last night and my shearers fit so tight that i couldnt fit the little rubber mounts in there. So i got to find a differant way to mount up some rubber, as it sits right now the mounts fit really tight and bolt directly to the peg and to each pipe. When i attempt to squeze the rubber m,ounts in there it makes the tabs not lineup. any ideas?

oh and btw this is same side (left) sb shearers on a cub, in a stock frame

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
you have to have rubber mounts on the pegs and pipes if you dont it will break every time,u cant use rubber oring style with a bolt going through it that wont work the vibration will go throug the bolt and and rubber does nothing then I I use 2 pieces of thick rubber belting back to back from the peg to the pipe and have never had any problems on the dunes,before that I broke the mount a couple of times on the pipe.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it bolted up. It was a pain but I bolted them together off the bike and just had to muscle it into place. Now I got to do some messing with it cause it isnt starting.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Sep 7 2008, 05:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10184I had my pipes split at the seam. Bad weld? Not sure. but since them I have rubber isolators holding the pipes together, and a rubber mount to the peg and a stock pipe hanger like you do. No issues now....

Yea I finally got those rubber mounts on there, but I had to bolt them up with the pipes off the bike, then muscle them in place.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Sep 6 2008, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10154can u take a pic of urs shannon ?
u want just the belting material I use or just the pipes,cuz currently I have no pipes on the bike, but its a strip about 2 inches wide and 4 inchels long that has one hole drilled at the top where the bolt ,washers and nut go to the pipe mount,then a hole going through on the bottom that the bolt mounts to the peg that way its an insulater, looks like im going to the dunes on the 16 weekend not the 11

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.