ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture of a 2.5 inch round timing sprocket. The sprocket on my quad is a 5 inch round.

This sprocket spins next to my gear shifter and has been up till now unguarded. A few times my foot has hit this but never has it acted like it would cut me. Really I knew I should build a guard just to be safe I guess I didn’t do it fast enough. Saturday night I cut my toe on it while shifting from 1st to 2nd. I was able to shift from 2nd to 3rd but that hurt so I didn’t go in to 4th. This is a video of the pass it happened on. Sorry it was taken with my cell phone so its not the best quality.

http://media.putfile.com/228204605829-20

This is pictures of my shoe and toe. 13 stitches later I’m pretty lucky I didn’t get in to any tendons or bone. Its going to hurt for a while but will be just fine.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I wil start wearing steel toe boots and put a guard on it but those are leather hiking "boots".

·
Registered
189 Posts
Man that looks bad! Yeah, at least ride with $20 Walmart steel toe worker boots! Pop some pills, get well soon!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cam! WTF dude!? I hope you heal quick!

I would've done your stitches for you! Lol.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am healing pretty quickly like I said it was pure luck it didn't hit the bone. Saturday night trying to sleep sober without any pain pills that was rough. I called my buddy that is an ER doc first thing Sunday morning and got some pain pills. I didn't even need any today. I (the wife) will take the stitches out Friday. I am in a 5k Saturday I plan on making it to.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (dunejumper @ Oct 1 2008, 05:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12159I am healing pretty quickly like I said it was pure luck it didn't hit the bone. Saturday night trying to sleep sober without any pain pills that was rough. I called my buddy that is an ER doc first thing Sunday morning and got some pain pills. I didn't even need any today. I (the wife) will take the stitches out Friday. I am in a 5k Saturday I plan on making it to.
That is a statement I would hear out of one of my Marines too. Hahahaha.

Glad your doing alright Cam!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats right brother. Stuff like this is why I took that name. Denny wants to name my quad "the buzzsaw" now....lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Damn that looks alot better, i hate foot injuries i had to get 7 stickes right on the bottom of my foot cause some jackleg probably threw his beer bottle in the water and ended up breaking which led to my drunk stumbly [censored] stepping on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts