ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good carcass to use to have skat trak work over. im wanting to do 22x11x8's 12paddle extremes.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i am looking to take a carcass and send it in to have the make them into a sls 12 paddle extreme. but curious on what carcass is best to start with.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea ive noticed that. thats why i awas asking want brand of tire i should go with. or are they all bout the same.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I would call skat trak and ask then call John I don't think its that much cheaper if any and I bet it would take forever to get it from skat trak. I don't think it would matter what tire it was after they they buffed it down to a sls. I bet the less ply the less work the cheaper it would be. 24 paddles at 7 a paddle is 168 plus the cost of the tires and u know they would charge for buffing it. Do the math after you talk to John call him now and ask the price.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I guess you edited the post or I missed the other part WOW $420 plus what ever labor is... CALL JOHN FOR SURE

24 paddles x $7= $168
2 tires at $126 each =$252
Total without labor = $420

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (dunejumper @ Feb 11 2009, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30091I guess you edited the post or I missed the other part WOW $420 plus what ever labor is... CALL JOHN FOR SURE
no no $ 126.00 total for 14 pdles a piece.

$252.00 for 2 tires 14 pdle extremes w/o price of carcass thats buffed and padles installed + cost of shipping and your carcass

John wants $450 on rims, $365 w/o + shipping

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
To each his own. $250 plus a new set of wheels will cost at least $100 that's only a $100 difference without the cost of the donor tires and shipping two ways. Time is worth a lot to me but like I said to each his own it sounds like there are several paths one can take.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
It's not a bad idea at all especially if you want staggereds they are the same price for each paddle staggered or straight.
Price a 12 or 14 staggered they are higher $. John told me $460 shipped for 12 SLS extremes on wheels.
I have a set of haulers that are 1/4 worn that would work for you for carcasses are the lighter 2 ply nankang carcass in a 22x12x8" probably would be a 72-73" RO in a 12 or 14 paddle. The newer carcasses and tires are gonna be heavier than if you find some of the older 2 ply cheng shin or nankang carcasses skat trak used to sell.
I also have some 21" 14 paddle gliders that have paddles that are not too good if you need a set of carcasses cheap they are on 3 bolt drag axle wheels. Both those tires are a quite a bit lighter even tho not buffed than the 22" superlites I just got from Bbr. I was gonna have a set of 12 staggereds made maybe and they'd be lighter triple buffed. $44 for each tire to have triple buffed + paddles and be lighter than what you can buy now isn't that bad.. It'd be over 1 lb per tire maybe 2lbs lighter each I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I did not know that, it makes sense since they have to grind the old one off and they are so thin. Mine are reg buffs I was gonna use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.