ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd make this thread so People could see what types of chains are being used in different HP applications.
Also, What type of master link are you using?

I'll be using a EK SRX 520 chain with a screw type master link on my new DM. I used a EK SRX 520 on my 4mil cub with a clip type master link.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
fouledout can you post a pic of that screw type master link installed i looked at pics on line but i can figure out if the legs will stick out that far

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ Jul 13 2009, 10:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50018The Chain M&M sells on their website is the RK gbMXZ3 chain. IMO its a very good Non-sealed chain.

Ya that one...damn expensive though.

I picked up a renthal from wesw for $60, not bad for a $100 chain I thought. Don't really care that it's an o-ring, it doesn't get ridden enough to matter.

·
Registered
603 Posts
After breaking several chains and sprockets. I went to the sidewinder 16000 lb smartchain and ti-II sprockets and my problems went away. They werent cheap though. I have heard alot of guys say bad things about the sidewinder stuff but I know on my raptor it is the only thing that will stay together. I heard that Kenz Cycle Tech was having problems with breaking sprockets and gave them a call to see what they did to fix thier problem and they turned me on to the sidewinder products.
www.sidewindersprockets.com

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I run an RK MXZ4 520 chain, clip style master link. I run the ti-moly sidewinder sprockets. They are pricey, but I have not had one show any signs of wear since I've been running them (little over a year). I was ripping teeth off any aluminum sprocket I ran, steel would bend the teeth, ti-moly still look brand new race after race

10mil DM

·
Registered
3 Posts
I decided to give the Primary Drive 520 H Racing Chain a chance, according to the specs it has average tensile strength of 8,510 lbs. For a 140 link chain that costs less than 50 bucks, I figured it would at least last the rest of the summer. This chain lasted less than 2 hours at the dunes on a 421 cub before it broke in half, and it wasnt the master link. Get what you pay for!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.